Share | 

ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:58 pm

You owe it to yourself to listen to Death Grips- Exmilitary

http://thirdworlds.net/exmilitary.php download it for free here, stream it before if you want to.

Definitely better than Tyler's new album by quite a bit IMO. Possibly one of the best hip hop releases in a while

I don't think there's a single bad song on there. Has samples from Pink Floyd and Black Flag..what more can you ask for?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:40 pm

This is better but it's just as un-bandwagon-worthy, and seems to attract the dissenters from Odd Future haters. Obviously it's nowhere near as bad numbers-wise, but the hyperbolic fervor is equally rank.

[edit]: it doesn't quite make me rage that people dickride this much in the way I get pissed when people praise Odd Future beyond belief. This is actually decent, yeah, but Odd Future's just SO...FUCKING...TERRIBLE.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:18 am

I was going to post inb4RZhatesonthis but decided to wait until you actually hated on it. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:58 am

Odd Future isn't cool anymore? WHen did that happen?
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:37 am

I don't hate Odd Future, just see them as highly overrated. Death Grips is really impressive. Not try hard-ish. I don't really care if hipsters like this as well. Goblin was a pretty mixed bag for me. Some good tracks, many less than stellar ones. This one isn't too long, doesn't have a lot of filler, and easily has better...well everything. It seems like some people just don't understand Death Grips. People are saying this has been done before (which it has in a sense), but the people saying this like shit hip hop like Lil B so I don't really give a fuck about their opinions. I guess the Guillotine song is a little weird..but imo it has the same vibe as a Tyler the Creator song. Gives you a dirty feeling while listening to it. It's probably the weakest track though.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:01 am

Lol rap music sucks, fucking nigger music.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 am

DEATH GRIPS RELEASING 2 ALBUMS in 2012

BOTH SONGS ARE FROM UPCOMING ALBUM RELEASING IN APRIL
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:11 am

Signed to Epic? Sell-out.

Beat on the first song was tight. Everything else about the rest of the song as well as the whole of the second song ranged from okay to bad. My disinterest shall continue.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:15 am

Ancient Rune wrote:

But yeah, Odd Future fucking blows. I never got the hype.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:06 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Signed to Epic? Sell-out.

Beat on the first song was tight. Everything else about the rest of the song as well as the whole of the second song ranged from okay to bad. My disinterest shall continue.

coincidentally i posted a facebook status about selling out before you said that.

Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Ancient Rune wrote:

But yeah, Odd Future fucking blows. I never got the hype.

All they are is hype. No substance. All their fans forgot about them by now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects   Today at 1:03 pm

Back to top Go down

ATTN: People who are still hung up on Odd Future and their side projects
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1