View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Upcoming Shows   Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Way too many upcoming shows for me in the next few months.

July 16th - Rise Against, Sick Of It All, Break Even
July 17th - Signal The Firing Squad
July 30th - Avenged Sevenfold, Sevendust
August 21st - Loud Fest 2011
September 10th - Suicide Silence
September 25th - Soundwave Revolution

What shows do you guys have tickets for?
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:53 pm

If I had that schedule of upcoming shows that I was going to I would probably kill myself.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:07 pm

I'm seeing Alela Diane, Dark Castle and YOB, and hopefully also Marissa Nadler with a full band all next month. Nothing else on the horizon for me now that I can remember at least.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:00 am

I don't have tickets for anything yet it's still better than the shows in the OP.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:19 am

whoops, forgot that YOB/Dark Castle is in August, not July.

I guess I also might go to Rock the Bells, but it's still not something I'd consider myself amped for. If I happen to have the cash, can easily get the time off and find people to go with, then I might go.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:53 am

Yob, 4 shows we're playing plus one with Wolves in the Throne Room and multiple with 40 Watt Sun, Yob/Dark Castle, Enslaved/Alcest, Opeth/Katatonia
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:03 am

Forgot another one again, Alcest/Enslaved...yeah.

Didn't know 40 Watt Sun had a U.S. tour, so there's another one as well. Hopefully they actually make it out west. Can you divulge any further info in that regard, oh involved one?
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:06 am

I saw Touche Amore, Menzingers, and Shook Ones recently at 924 gilman. Shook Ones was pretty disappointing and Touche put on a better performance with Deafheaven, but Menzingers were pretty cool. I wanted to see Vestiges w/ Lake of Blood today but I had band pictures taken and some band practice as well. Vestiges is playing again in SF though on friday, but I may be playing a show that day. Vital Remains w/ Origin is coming up, There's Slaughter By The Water a thrash festival, but Ludicra dropped off and the only band I want to see is Autopsy. Not worth 30 bucks IMO. That same day is Devin Townsend, Obscura, and Septic Flesh, but that show is 40 bucks due to Children of Bodom so I'll probably skip both. Killing the Dream is playing their last show, Coliseum is playing that same day but it's 21 and over. Really good progressive show with Animals As Leaders, Intronaut, Evan Brewer (bassist of the Faceless/ex-Animosity), Last Chance To Reason, and Dead Letter Circus. Airs is playing a local show and I recently discovered that I like them a lot so I may go considering it's 3 or 6 dollars. Earth is a maybe and Ringworm should be a definite.

edit: further down the line I'm definitely going to Dark Castle, Alcest, and Rock The Bells
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:12 am

FUCK! I didn't know Vestiges was on tour right now. I just checked their site a month ago when I was looking for places to buy the album. And I missed the show in Oakland with Lake of Blood? fuuuuuuuuck. I'm extremely lucky I saw you post this today though, because I have Friday and Saturday off, so there's no way I'll miss the S.F. show Friday, and I won't miss out on the Lake of Blood leg of the tour as well, which is cool.

But where in the hell is the show? On the Vestiges page it only has cities listed but not venues or any other info.

[edit]: Nevermind, found it. Sub Mission Art Gallery? Never heard of it, I don't think. Went to their (shitty) official website and saw Vestige's name (misspelled) at the bottom of the list, along with Lake of Blood, and two other bands I've never heard of that sound like hardcore/metalcore bands. No price listed. Seems like the kind of place which doesn't do pre-sale tickets, which is good.

Last edited by roughdraft_zero on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:15 am

Electroretard wrote:
Yob, 4 shows we're playing plus one with Wolves in the Throne Room and multiple with 40 Watt Sun, Yob/Dark Castle, Enslaved/Alcest, Opeth/Katatonia

You guys are playing with 40 Watt Sun?!?! Where/when!?!?!
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:27 am

the Submission has been getting a lot of shows lately. I don't think they do pre-sale tix. I hear the sound at that venue is super shitty, but idk...the hazmat (where they played today) is pretty lame. Tons of stupid punk kids, dirty, bad part of town, everyone at the venue drinks during the show. Submission can't be gotten to very easily with public transportation, but I'm pretty sure you're going to drive anyways

I guess I can go to the show. Hopefully the sound isn't as bad as I was told.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:42 am

Oh yeah, we're playing with Vestiges on July 8th too.

And I don't really know anything else about the 40 Watt Sun shows. I think they're still working on getting Visas.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Opeth/Katatonia is the only for sure thing right now. Possibly Evergrey/Absence/whoever, but I'm getting sick of long ass drives
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:30 pm

I've had to drive 3+ hours to Chicago 3 times so far this year. Probably will 2 more times for Devin Townsend and Enslaved. Also probably making the 5 hour drive to Columbus for YOB/Dark Castle...

Nothing is fucking coming to Michigan this year, so gay! The one show that was coming here was Kylesa and I had to miss that. Sad
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:14 pm

I make about 7-11 2.5 hour drives for football each year. If I'm lucky a concert aligns with that so I only have to go an additional 2.5 hours to see something in Spokane
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:35 pm

Oh shit you'll be in Columbus for Yob? I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:37 pm

I haven't decided for sure yet. I really want to go, but don't want to have to stay overnight somewhere or drive 5 hours back afterwards...
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 pm

I had to miss Kylesa/Rwake/The Sword because I came up here. I was sad about that. I'm glad I at least get to see Yob/Dark Castle, though.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Went to that Alela Diane & The Wild Divine show last night. Show was awesome, and just as much so, tons of fun. I love going up to Grass Valley. So awesome up there, nothing but nice people, clean air, and just a really cool old-timey foothills town aesthetic.

Almost didn't get in to the show, though. I called at about 5:00 p.m. and double checked that they were selling tickets day of show, and she said they definitely were and had at least 100 they were reserving for at the door. The start time was 8:00 p.m., and we got there at 8:10 and told us it was sold out. She said that plenty of will call people hadn't shown up yet though and to try again in twenty minutes. So we went to a bar a block away and had a beer, came back, and got right in, but warned that it was probably going to be standing room only.

We got a couple beers (I had a Bluff Creek pale ale from Six River brewery, a new one for me. it was decent) and saw the last half of the opener's set. They were pretty good. Then during the intermission everybody got up and went to smoke and stuff and we were then on the lookout for open seats. By the time Alela was ready to go, we saw a group of five open seats right up front, just sat right down in them, and for the entire remainder of the show nobody even came by and said, "Oh hey we were sitting there" lol. Awesome. We went from likely not getting in to the show at all to getting some of the best seats in the house. Such a fucking good time. I picked up the CD of the latest album, and my friend got the last copy of the vinyl for it that they were selling. The Robert Cray Band is gonna be up at that venue in November, and that would be awesome to go to as well.

Oh yeah, and Giant Squid, La Fin Du Monde and Waning are doing a local show this Friday, but I can't make it cuz I start graveyard this week and it's monday through friday. Sad
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Still bummed I missed that Giant Squid show. Don't know anybody who went to it, but I've never seen them do a bad show. Though at the same time, I haven't seen them more recently than 2006, which means I've also never seen them do any material newer than on the Monster in the Creek EP.

I'm confirmed for going to Chelsea Wolfe and Liturgy now, though. Was able to get a shift switched so I'm good. Feel kinda stupid driving two hours to see a once-local performer open for a black metal band I'm not into when she used to do five-dollar-or-less headlining shows twenty minutes from my door lol.

Holy fucking cocks Portishead is doing a Berkeley show at the Greek Theater in October. Just yesterday the band put up pre-sale tickets and they're already sold out. Thankfully, they're not the only outlet for tickets. Ape Concerts is also doing pre-sales starting at 10:00 a.m. this Thursday. I gotta make sure I'm awake for that. Ticket price is $55 before any service/convenience fees, meaning that they're likely to cost around $70 each when all is said and done, but I can't imagine many other bands that I feel are worth the price, especially when factoring in the rarity of them touring (it's the first time they've toured the U.S. in thirteen years). I don't even have anybody confirmed for wanting to go with me, but I'm buying at least two tickets for sure.

Also, one of my favorite two-pieces, Two Gallants, are doing back to back gigs in SF. The second day is a Saturday, so I don't even have to ask for the day off. Apparently they did a few Bay Area shows in the last couple of months, but I just didn't hear about them. Oh well. This is another show I'm going to for sure.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:14 am

never got into Portishead. Rorschach is coming to the gilman 9/16 and thee parkside 9/17 if you're into them..
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:33 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
never got into Portishead.

That's your fault, not mine.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:25 pm

just bought four tickets to Portishead in October. $67.26 each after fees. Officially the most I've ever paid for a show, beating out $55 for Dave Chappelle and $44 for Chili Peppers and Flaming Lips. Shit will be awesome though.

Only have myself and two friends committed to going as of now, but having three months before the concert, I'm not worried about finding a fourth person. It's fucking Portishead ferchrissakes. And even if somebody bails or I can't find that last person, I'm sure I wouldn't have a problem StubHubbing one o' dem bitches for a profit, so me no worree.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Portishead are awesome. A good friend of mine and I used to always just fucking hang out/zone out late at night to Third.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Electroretard wrote:
And I don't really know anything else about the 40 Watt Sun shows. I think they're still working on getting Visas.

Nothing on their website, so it may not be official/final, but I saw this listing on Last.fm. Looks like a midwest/east coast-only tour Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Shows   Today at 12:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Shows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next