insanely good festival for hip hop fans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXxokZjoDoc&feature=youtu.be bought my ticket day one. Unbelievable lineup. Last year's was good too, but I think this one...unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:26 am

Haven't heard of like half of those, but the ones I have heard of, that'll be a good show.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:20 am

Really wanna go, but I'm afraid of something happening that happens at lots of hip-hop shows I go to...extremely lazy performances.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:52 am

Just found out after posting this that Doom sends imposters to the majority of his shows. Disappointing for sure, but I bought my ticket before he was announced. I really want to see GZA perform liquid swords...
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:00 am

Yeah, that was all over the 'net like five years ago. I don't care about that part since I hate Doom, but the other shit lots of rappers do as an excuse for a "live performance" is still pretty bad, like have a posse of 10+ doing half your lines and all your punches. Fucking lame. Aesop Rock and Themselves put on great shows consistently, at least every time I've ever seen them. But most the bigger acts I've seen (Hieroglyphics as a crew, every Wu-Tang member I've ever seen, etc.) have really boring performances that only people who only like hip-hop can really delude themselves into thinking is good and liking.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:04 am

I see. Are you a fan of Immortal Technique?

and Black Star...excited for them. Glad I didn't drive all the way out to Santa Barbara or where ever it was for the reunion show

Last edited by After_The_Barrel_Roll on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:05 am

hate him more than doom. even worse flow than doom and awful lyrics. beats are terrible by amateur standards.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:27 am

What even happens at a hip hop show? It seems like it would just be a guy doing karaoke over a CD.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:09 pm

Electroretard wrote:
What even happens at a hip hop show? It seems like it would just be a guy doing karaoke over a CD.
That's what I always figured
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Electroretard wrote:

Somewhat, but it's even better in person.

Saw Jedi Mind Tricks in Austin and that shit was baller.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:13 pm

that just seems stupid to me.

Granted, I like something around 4 hip hop albums total, so maybe I'm just a faggot.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Maybe so. Let's dock.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Docking is the funniest thing ever.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:01 am

Electroretard wrote:
Docking is the BEST thing ever.

YAP
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:07 am

Better than planking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: insanely good festival for hip hop fans   Today at 8:16 pm

Back to top Go down

insanely good festival for hip hop fans
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1