Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Sun May 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Some of you may remember her because of my discovery of Sailors With Wax Wings and her involvement with that, as well as the final Xasthur record. This was followed by my discovery of her solo recordings, and then my ensuing obsession with her. It's still there, and the single released from the new album is doing nothing to calm that either. S/T full length, on both CD and LP, out 6/14. There is also a supporting two month nationwide U.S. tour, including a stop in S.F. that I will surely be in attendance for. Boners up!

http://marissanadler.bandcamp.com/album/marissa-nadler

http://marissanadler.com/

http://marissanadler.com/shows.html

Soon after that I'll be seeing Alela Diane, another songstress that was a big part of my life for a while. She's touring in support of her new record, the first with a proper full band that was also involved in the writing process as well as the recording and ensuing tour. The band (and record) are called Alela Diane & Wild Divine. Haven't heard that one yet, but I can't pass up on seeing her again, she was incredible when I saw her before. Though, that was almost five years ago and was only a 20-minute solo acoustic set lol, so I guess I'm kinda scared at how much she's possibly changed for the worse. Still excited and expect good things though.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Sun May 29, 2011 6:56 pm

I wish her last name were Nadhandler instead.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Sun May 29, 2011 7:04 pm

You know you have nothing meaningful to contribute here so go post in the cereal thread where you might be useful!
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Sun May 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Gay
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Sun May 29, 2011 9:11 pm

you spelled "good" wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Sun May 29, 2011 9:47 pm

im guessing this is hipster Bullshit
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Sun May 29, 2011 11:17 pm

I may end up going to the SF date as well. Thank you for bringing this to my attention
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:34 am

sooo, two days away. $15. Found out she's not headlining though, which is a bummer. Even more bummer, I checked out the other act, Timber Timbre, and it's an absolute bore. Looks like I'll be driving two hours each way to see a 35 minute set and bounce early or endure a late set that I probably won't like.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Posting from phone for 1st time ever. Sucks bad. Took like 20 minutes from loading web app to get to this page and type this.

At the show now. Looks like BR was right, place is fulla gays lol. Don't know if it's becausw of Nadler, the shitty headliner or the fact that the venue is in the Castro district lol.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:00 am

Must be an amazing show if you have to post from your phone about it. Tongue
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 am

The show hadn't started by then dum dum.

Her set was good. 'Twas a good length, too, about 45 minutes. Solo acoustic, aside of course from a few pedal effects. She also mentioned that she would be back within a month or so for a west coast tour with a full band. Excited for that. Bought the new record, listened to it on the way home and really liked it. Then listened to the new Seidr album again for literally the fiftieth time or so lol.

I didn't wait around for Timber Timbre at all, either. I checked out more of their stuff before I left, and was just bored to tears with every thing I heard. Also I've been up since 5:30 this morning and didn't want to stick around the extra 70-90 minutes and be that much more tired for the drive home. Plus I just really wanted to leave after she was done. Aside from knowing I probably wouldn't like the band and the sleep thing, I just wanted to get out of there lol. Pretty a-typical of me, really, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before   Today at 4:39 pm

Back to top Go down

New Marissa Nadler album June 14th; tour starts the week before
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1