PostSubject: new The Faceless pre production track    Wed May 11, 2011 4:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uHlf6TnHDcQ

hory shet
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Wed May 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Sounds amazing. The clean vocals are pretty decent but I'm hoping they don't pop up that often on the new album.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Wed May 11, 2011 7:43 pm

So what exactly was good about that?
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Wed May 11, 2011 10:23 pm

tuggernuts wrote:
So what exactly was good about that?

The fact that it isn't boring death metal like Immolation and has actual riffs and isn't so technical that it comes off as chaotic or trying too hard? Just my opinion, but death metal is a really shitty and boring genre. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4pzLJdHddU Explain to me what's good about this? If I wanted to hear something so incredibly slow paced for the majority of the song I'll go listen to a doom band. But this isn't a doom band. This is Nile, the band everyone jizzes over as the brutal technical death metal band. Yeah, yeah praise their bullshit middle eastern sound and for being "SO EPIC" like they all do. I'd rather listen to Lykathea Aflame or Melechesh ANY DAY. We all know Origin gets annoying after a while, we all know everyone's split on Beneath the Massacre, we all know rings of saturn and brain drill are annoying as shit with their weedly woos. So where am I supposed to go for tech death with riffs, solos, good vocals, and not overdoing the technicality? BTW I do know of other tech death bands, but The Faceless are definitely the most notable, memorable band in the genre. I don't care if they are inspired heavily by Cynic, this is something completely different and everyone with a pair of functioning ears knows that. They don't overdo brutality, don't overdo soloing, don't overdo anything...they do everything in moderation except for putting out memorable riff after memorable riff. It's all opinion...but I maybe listen to 5 tech death bands. The Faceless, Fleshgod Apocalypse, early Cryptopsy, Ulcerate, Cynic(maybe more prog than tech)? You look at all those bands and they all have a fairly unique sound... One thing I can say about all of them is they aren't boring or trying to be "epic" or "brutal"
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Wed May 11, 2011 10:34 pm

I was going to reply with "Because The Faceless is the shit" but your argument seems to have more weight to it.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Wed May 11, 2011 10:49 pm

I don't think anyone on here really 'jizzes over' Nile as THE tech death band.

Although, while 'Sarcophagus' is sweet, Cast Down the Heretic would be more of what you're looking for, no?

I like the first Faceless album quite a bit and didn't care for this song. I respect them for trying new stuff, but I just couldn't get into this song.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Wed May 11, 2011 11:45 pm

GROCERIES wrote:
I don't think anyone on here really 'jizzes over' Nile as THE tech death band.

Although, while 'Sarcophagus' is sweet, Cast Down the Heretic would be more of what you're looking for, no?

I like the first Faceless album quite a bit and didn't care for this song. I respect them for trying new stuff, but I just couldn't get into this song.

I think Nile is the biggest tech death band..people who listen to slipknot probably know of Nile. And a lot of true metalheads love nile. Annihilation of the Wicked is a good album, but as I recall it doesn't have this sound throughout the whole album. Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember skipping some songs on it on every listen.

I'm cool with some Decrepit Birth too, forgot to mention them.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Thu May 12, 2011 12:05 am

I can agree that they are very popular.
Back to top Go down
seepia.

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Thu May 12, 2011 1:23 am

I feel like Necrophagist takes the cake for that more, personally.

I didn't think this was bad, The Faceless have always been one of the more interesting popular tech death bands IMO. But I'm not huge into tech death in general anyways, so idk if I would get this album.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 am

seepia. wrote:
I feel like Necrophagist takes the cake for that more, personally.

I didn't think this was bad, The Faceless have always been one of the more interesting popular tech death bands IMO. But I'm not huge into tech death in general anyways, so idk if I would get this album.

necrophagist is obviously a very talented band, but i don't feel like they can be listened to for long periods of time
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Thu May 12, 2011 2:03 am

I listen to Slipknot.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Thu May 12, 2011 3:26 am

death metal sucks, this is no exception
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Thu May 12, 2011 8:05 am

[quote="After_The_Barrel_Roll"]
tuggernuts wrote:
Just my opinion, but death metal is a really shitty and boring genre.

Pretty much agreed aside from Old School Death Metal. This does not fall in that category.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Thu May 12, 2011 4:05 pm

[quote="tuggernuts"]
After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
tuggernuts wrote:
Just my opinion, but death metal is a really shitty and boring genre.

Pretty much agreed aside from Old School Death Metal. This does not fall in that category.

See I like my Death and Autopsy and a few other bands here and there, but death metal bands don't know how to write solos..and most of the time can't even write a riff that will stick with you. It frustrates me because I know that it's very possible to make a good death metal song..but people just are doing it wrong
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Thu May 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Solos are a non-issue. And Old School DM has some of the best riffing in all of metal, thats why its awesome...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new The Faceless pre production track    Today at 6:23 am

Back to top Go down

new The Faceless pre production track
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1