Share | 

Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Sat May 07, 2011 6:35 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3clXASPYdYk song Deconstruction(i think?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plgAq-523jQ song Sumeria (features member of cynic, soilwork(i think), and gojira)

Last edited by After_The_Barrel_Roll on Sat May 07, 2011 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Sat May 07, 2011 6:47 pm

i dont think any of us have what.cd accounts, might have been troll, etc. but these may hold you over
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Sat May 07, 2011 6:59 pm

I can wait a month, lol.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Sun May 08, 2011 4:06 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?3ob5l4nap3pcjrd it did indeed leak...
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Sun May 08, 2011 7:53 pm

I have a what.cd account
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Sun May 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Its out on plenty of sites now. Will listen soon.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Sun May 08, 2011 10:17 pm

I can't wait for the album, seriously.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Yeah this album is rocking my socks off. Can't wait to listen to it with full attention and good quality sound.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Wed May 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Honestly, and I was talking to ylg about it last night. I don't think this album is as bad as some are making it out to be. There are only 2 songs that are chocked full of cheese and silliness, and one of them, "The Mighty Masterbator" is fine because of the nature of the song and direction. It embraces the humor with the music, and progresses through different parts and even works well going into the electronic section. The ending, which is a literal copy of Om (part 4), is the best part of the entire album.

The other cheesy song, the title track. ...Yeah, that's a big blunder. Interrupting music for comedy, farts and diarrhea which are only funny when abby does it (and just overly annoying from everyone else), and the chorus section doesn't save the song. I do enjoy the absolute chaotic nature of the vocals with the rest of the music, but the momentum is so poorly handled with the humor that they're just chaotic sections with no substance or direction, and really, it's not good. I am already putting this song in the same group as Monument, Fucker, and Jupiter: Just bad songs.

The rest of the album, is great. It's not a SYL album, and that sort of blows, but it's still heavy with a good deal of appropriate catchiness.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Wed May 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Agreed on the title track. Its even more disappointing because that first riff is sweet and the chorus is fun, but the rest of the song is just too meh to be able to enjoy effectively.

I do always smirks at the "and that would make me a logical choice, WHOOAAAAOOAAA" part. lol
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Wed May 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Runner up to Krallice's new one for the worst album of the year so far.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Wed May 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Electroretard wrote:

Rolling Eyes well you are pretty much the only one who thinks that
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Wed May 11, 2011 8:54 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
Electroretard wrote:

No I'm not. Tons of people are saying it's a total mess outside of you brainless DT fanboys who slurp up everything the man makes just because it says "Devin Townsend" on it.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Thu May 12, 2011 3:04 am

I won't be hearing the album until like a month from now, so I'll wait and see—buuuuut, I've loved everything Devin's put out so far, not just because it has his name on it, so eat my hairy balls, BulldogdickRider. :o
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Thu May 12, 2011 8:13 am

Electroretard wrote:
After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
Electroretard wrote:

No I'm not. Tons of people are saying it's a total mess outside of you brainless DT fanboys who slurp up everything the man makes just because it says "Devin Townsend" on it.

I won't necessarily disagree with any of that. Though I do thoroughly enjoy all of Devin's albums. Just because its a mess doesn't mean it isn't a fun listen.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Sat May 14, 2011 1:52 am

I don't see how it's a total mess, especially with the genre's of metal out there. So what if Devy's music has gone more of the way of Meshuggah and Tech-like Death rather than Industrial Thrash like it used to be, it's still good music. Songs on here sound very similar to tracks meant for his other SYL albums, like Poltergeist=Alien, Pandemic=SYL,

His style has progressed beyond your tastes, Electrode. That's cool and all, but stop shitting all over his music as if it's only enjoyed by Townsend-nuthuggers. Realistically, there are still far more people enjoying the album than hating it (townsend nuthuggers or not). Just because there's a vocal minority (which happens constantly, All Shall Fall got shat on hardcore by quite a few people) doesn't change the landscape.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Sat May 14, 2011 4:32 am

I was just lamenting the other night how Devin only ever made one industrial thrash (that's a pretty fitting description) album.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Mon May 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Got my sheeit preordered through Century Media. BAM! Only option that I know of which gives you four extra MP3s of Ghost leftovers. Comes with a 7" too, but damned if I can listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Mon May 16, 2011 5:07 pm

And I guess those leftovers were supposed to comprise a full album, and CM's only giving maybe half or less of the album. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU—
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Mon May 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Got my sheeit preordered through Century Media. BAM! Only option that I know of which gives you four extra MP3s of Ghost leftovers. Comes with a 7" too, but damned if I can listen to it.
Same, I'm just gonna prop it up on my desk.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Mon May 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Did you order the 'Super' or the 'Ultimate' package? I just ordered the 'Super', so I get the 2 albums and the 7" plus those extra track downloads. Didn't really want to spend the extra $20 on a shirt and a patch, since I have plenty of Devy shirts anyways and have no idea what this one would look like.

I wonder if he is still going to do the box set with all 4 albums and a bunch of bonus shit. I'm sure I'll be dropping quite a bit of $$ on that.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Mon May 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Yeah, fudge the shirt. Didn't care at all for it.

And yeah, I'll be droppin' the dough for the box set as well. I wonder if it'll just be one box, or if they'll do package deals. Like, will all copies have the "An Evening with Dev" DVDs or whatever, or only a special edition of the box?

If once I get the box there's nothing much special about the single releases, I may just sell 'em to my brother.

Pissed my copy of Ki ain't got no slipcover. Feels naked without. I think all the albums have slipcovers with a little variant of the DTP logo; kinda inconsistent with the first album not having it. DAMN YOU, DEVIN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT   Today at 6:00 pm

Back to top Go down

Deconstruction...possibly leaked on what.cd BUT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1