The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Wed May 04, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm been listening to them tons the last month or so... Initially, I mainly only listened to Two Hunters. Now I'm really digging Malevolent Grain a lot more. Mainly because I'm a fan of the vocals on that one. I really like the idea of clean vocals over black metal and it works really well here to me.

Though, "I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots" is probably my favorite Wolves track.

Also, BR, you mentioned a friend of yours having an anti-cascadian black metal band? Did they ever record any of it?

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Wed May 04, 2011 3:44 pm

I dunno man. I had Two Hunters in my car for probably a solid 2-3 months or so without swapping it out...took a while to see why people love it over the other albums. I (for whatever reason) Like their Diadem of 12 Stars album over Malevolent Grain which I like over Black Cascade (that's the name, right?) which I like over Two Hunters and I haven't listened to their s/t or demo or whatever it is. And in no way am I saying two hunters is bad. I really like the album, I just really think they benefit from clean female vocals and IMO A Looming Resonance and Queen of Borrowed Light are their best songs. I will lay my bones among the rocks and roots is pretty cool too though
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Wed May 04, 2011 5:15 pm

It's been a while since I've gone back and listened to Two Hunters, but I've been following them since the beginning, and Two Hunters has been my favorite since its release.

Malevolent Grain is quite the little release as well. I'd probably say A Looming Resonance is my favorite song of theirs.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Wed May 04, 2011 5:28 pm

WITTR sucks
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Wed May 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Ancient Rune wrote:
WITTR sucks
i no man jst a bnch a loozer burzum wannabees dey total e ript em off dooude
wklng sux 2 caz there from SF nd evry1 gay they're
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Wed May 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Never listened to them.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Wed May 04, 2011 6:22 pm

lol nah i don't think they did. I don't know if that band was ever even serious.

My favorite goes back and forth between Diadem and Two Hunters. Two Hunters is objectively better, but Diadem is really nostalgic for me.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Wed May 04, 2011 6:34 pm

I'm only really familiar with Diadem and Two Hunters. Haven't given the others much attention. I think Diadem is my fav. of those 2 though.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Wed May 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Two Hunters is my favorite and Diadem is a very close second. Maybe better than two hunters even.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Wed May 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Black Cascade sucks.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Thu May 05, 2011 1:26 am

Black Cascade
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Thu May 05, 2011 3:52 am

Diadem followed by Malevolent Grain, but that's only because 'Queen of the Borrowed LIght' is probably the best black metal song ever written.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?   Today at 1:07 am

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Wolves in the Throne Room album/EP?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1