Share | 

The Game of Fucking Thrones

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Why not just download good quality torrents of it?
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 pm

tuggernuts wrote:
Why not just download good quality torrents of it?

That's what I did. I have full intention of buying the DVDs when they get released, but me paying for both cable and HBO for this series just wasn't going to happen for a variety of reasons.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 pm

Same here. Can't wait til they come out on DVD so I can watch again with my brother.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:29 pm

I usually do torrents with dvd rips and I usually go for streams with the stuff not out on dvd yet. I'll look around for both though
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 pm

http://www.Eztv.it is all you need for good rips of shows on TV. Most of the time they have 720p rips available too.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:59 pm

ok, so I thought the trailer for the series looked great, was happy about many of the reviews I'd read, friends gave good reports, and it was on fucking HBO. I was pumped for this.

Went to a friend's house last weekend. He has a 65" HDTV and 6.1 surround sound. The perfect setup for watching a dynamic, well-photographed epic. We watched the first two episodes. And I was pissed at how incredibly bad it was.

To me, this is a series plagued with all the same problems as the unluckily-bad fluke ROME which came before it--that is to say, it greatly suffers from all the normal pratfalls of a major network run of the mill big budget primetime drama. There are good costumes and make-up, and that's all the good I found in it. Poor set design and art direction, terribly cheesy dialogue delivered in painfully pervasive, annoying and presumably far from historically accurate accents, and a fantasy story that picks and chooses what parts of real history it wants to align with its fabrications. I like fantasy and Arthurian-era epics, but fuck this story and fuck this show.

I really, really hate this show. They shoulda just made Band of Brothers 2 or snatched Louis C.K. from FX so he could not only say and do whatever he wants, but also not get bleeped while doing it. And if Sean Bean never acts in a "historical" epic while prancing around in tattered warrior's clothes spewing ridiculous dialog through the filter of his shitty accent again, I could take one less hate-fueled shit in my life.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Omg a popular thing that r_z hates.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:04 am

tuggernuts wrote:
Omg a popular thing that r_z hates.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Cute
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Cghost21 wrote:
tuggernuts wrote:
Omg a popular thing that also sucks fucking hard that r_z hates.
yeah, fucking weird, I know.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:53 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
annoying and presumably far from historically accurate accents, and a fantasy story that picks and chooses what parts of real history it wants to align with its fabrications. I like fantasy and Arthurian-era epics, but fuck this story and fuck this show.

I don't see any point to these complaints. It's a fictional fantasy, unlike Rome, and doesn't take place on Earth. Why should anything about it be historically accurate? That's fucking retarded.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Because it still all sounds the same as any gigantic budget lord of the rings bullshit that's just annoying to me to hear. So to me they're trying to either fit in with them or masquerade as one. In the end it's still bad and aesthetically displeasing to me.

And my primary complaint about Rome (along with Thrones like I said) was the dialog and sets, among other things, not historical accuracy. That's just an extra thing to bitch about.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Why the hell are we talking about television that isn't Louie?
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Of course the sets are limited. It's a fucking TV show.

I'd much rather have a TV show that takes the time to build the characters and story line than a dumbed down big budget movie that might look pretty but fails at telling the story due to its limited length.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:43 pm

Saying the quality of the sets deserves some slack due to constraints of its budget and the nature of the television medium doesn't earn it a pass for me. Television isn't incapable of having sets just as good as any high quality film. And we're not talking about television anyway--we're talking about HBO, remember? Tongue (though that does carry some truth with it)

And I'm not at all saying that it should have been a movie or anything, especially if my one primary goal for that were for it to have better looking sets, lol not by a longshot. But I'm not into the story itself. In that case, I would like something to look as good as possible if the story's not interesting to me. Films aren't all characters or even story you know. I can appreciate beautiful cinematography and set design just as well as I can a beautifully unfolded plot with relatable characters. Not every film or television show has to be a total package, but when the most important parts for you personally are missing the mark, other smaller achievements, especially when they themselves aren't all that impressive, aren't always enough.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:13 pm

Since my first post here, I was convinced to finish the first episode, and it did pick up after the intro. I've now seen the whole season, and it's pretty good. It's not my favorite show ever, and some parts of it feel kind of cheap (every fucking episode has to have some kind of sex scene in it), but overall I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:31 am

That's cool that you gave it a chance and liked it.

As for the amount of sex, it's been a heavily debated topic. I argue that all of the sex scenes definitely had their purpose in telling you about one or both of the characters (or in one case the character watching), or in showing how they're changing.

As for how graphic some of the scenes were, you can definitely argue that some of them could have toned it down and still gotten across the point, but I could only think of one scene that I would really agree with that on.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:58 am

I don't think all of the sex and gore should be censored out or anything; if the show's creators want to have that in, then I'm for their ability to have what they want. It just feels somewhat gratuitous to me at times, but it's nothing that offends me or anything.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Interesting how all wenches in remote northern villages look like super models.

I'd love to see HBO have a show with ugly naked people.

You always have the argument that the sex scenes are required due to the context, but I still think that they're often somewhat gratuitous. The other angle, concerning GoT in particular, is that they're often simply quite bad. The scene with lord Baelish "instructing" that girl was a pretty good scene in terms of developing his character, but the lesbian sex was a total cheesefest. I think that scene would have played better if the camera hadn't lingered too much on the bad softcore and focused more on him watching them.

I'm not a prude by any means and don't mind nudity when done well, but I just don't think HBO hit the mark very often in GoT. Nor did they with Rome. Or True Blood. etc.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:13 pm

True Blood and Rome are some of the worst things to have ever existed.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:27 am

Rome sucked donkey balls, but I think True Blood had some genuinely entertaining content.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:54 am

True Blood has a lot of really gay shit in it, but I still watch it for some reason.

The titties in it are usually really nice.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:26 pm

I liked True Blood up until the last season. That one was a chore to get through. I liked that king guy and Eric is pretty cool... but fuck Sookie and that vampire she was with. Those characters annoy the hell out of me. And the black chick. Unfortunately it focuses on those characters. Haven't seen any of the current season.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
tuggernuts

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:11 pm

The current season is definitely a step up from the last one. Erik is pretty fucking gay in it though, at first it was funny with him like that, but the longer it went on the more gay and retarded he became.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:03 pm

I've never had much interest in True Blood. My father was into it, or at least was, and so I sat through an episode with him once.

You can never say much with only one episode, but it didn't really make me want to watch any more of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Fucking Thrones   Today at 12:05 pm

Back to top Go down

The Game of Fucking Thrones
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next