HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Best Voivod album?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Best Voivod album?   Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:54 pm

Never really sat down and listened to Voivod. Looking for a solid introduction album to their stuff to determine if I would like to listen to more of their stuff or not.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Best Voivod album?   Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Kind of depends. Dimension Hatross[/ii] and [i]Nothingface are typically regarded as their best. They both blend thrashiness with kind of the spacey prog feel they got known for, but I never really could get into them. I like War and Piain best, but it's their most thrashy album with pretty well no prog elements (mind you I haven't listened to Voivod in over a year so I might like hte other two more now).

After that, I can't help you much. General opinion tends to be that their self titled is pretty good, but I've never heard it. After that, opinions vary. I remember one big Voivod fan telling me that Killing Technology and Angel Rat were among their best, but I think he's the first person I've ever seen voice that sentiment. ROOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRR is supposed to be good too, but again, I've never heard it. For a good introduction, it's probably best to go with Nothingface and Dimenson Hatross.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: Best Voivod album?   Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Hm. I listened to Nothingface. It was alright. I think I was expecting some straight up thrash and wasn't expecting it to be like what it was at all. I'll probably listen to it again and have a better opinion on it after that.

I'll check out Dimension Hatross and War and Plain as well.

Thanks for the reply, man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Voivod album?   Today at 2:30 pm

Back to top Go down

Best Voivod album?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1