The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...   Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:08 pm

The new Septic Flesh (a band whom I have no prior connection with) is a pretty darn good album. It doesn't live up to the promise of the opening track, and there are some duds, but overall it's one of the first death metal albums that really caught my ear these past few years.

Last time it happened was with The Monolith Deathcult's Triumvirate and Bloodbath's The Fathomless Mastery. I have a feeling I've been trapped a bit too deep in the black metal bog and need to get back to my roots a bit.

So, good, quality death metal?

Just to give you a sense of direction these are some DM-bands (and some borderline DM) I've listened to in the past:

Entombed
Edge of Sanity
Autopsy
Dismember
Death
Bloodbath
The Monolith Deathcult
Pestilence
Atheist
Lykathea Aflame
Hieronymus Bosch

I've recently tried getting into Ulcerate too, currently undecided.

I know these "gimme music!"-threads can come off as a bit egotistical, but from a cursory search of the forums there hasn't been a proper death metal-thread in a while.

Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...   Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:59 pm

There's been a few solid death metal releases recently.

I'm a big fan of Abysmal Dawn's new one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKBuXBKGlLI

The new Obscura album is great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snDfSqcPHWk

The most recent Immolation just kicks ass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNuf8pT8oZM&feature=fvst

Also, I can never get enough of Putrid Pile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2MVbPmwNRE
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...   Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Has the dude in Putrid Pile had any new releases or any word if he's making new stuff? I love that man.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:51 am

Bolt Thrower

Can't go wrong with really any of their albums, my favorite is ...For Victory.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm

GROCERIES wrote:
Has the dude in Putrid Pile had any new releases or any word if he's making new stuff? I love that man.

Well, he did that split last year, which the song I just posted is taken from. As for anything else, I haven't heard any news, but I guess we shouldn't expect anything too quickly. He released his last album in 2009, which was 4 years after his previous release. It might be a while.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...   Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:07 pm

the last one Gorod released wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...   Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:33 pm

jeffnogo wrote:

Well, he did that split last year, which the song I just posted is taken from. As for anything else, I haven't heard any news, but I guess we shouldn't expect anything too quickly. He released his last album in 2009, which was 4 years after his previous release. It might be a while.

Sad

Bummer. I'll check out that split, though.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...   Fri May 06, 2011 4:26 pm

Sorry for the late reply, been a bit busy.

Obscura = interesting. like the bass work. reminds me of Cynic/Pestilence/Atheist
Immolation = pretty good too, though a tad predictable
Putrid Pile = sorry, not doing anything for me
Gorod = checked out their 2009 full length, this could work. Were you talking about this or the 2011 EP, Cghost?
Bolt Thrower = might be my "Anaal Nathrakh of death metal". the name is itself has had me steering clear of it (though I've occasionally heard a song or two). So far For Victory is proving to be quite a good album though.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, much appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...   Today at 9:58 am

Back to top Go down

Septic Flesh's new release has me craving more death...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1