Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Supernal music shut down, says fuck you to downloaders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Supernal music shut down, says fuck you to downloaders   Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:38 am

http://www.supernalmusic.com/index.html

Yes, he is mad.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Supernal music shut down, says fuck you to downloaders   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Yeah, I came across this through another forum. It seems that a lot of bands and labels are starting to say "Fuck it" due to their inability to sell much of anything for these reasons.

It sucks when downloading starts affecting the smaller labels.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Supernal music shut down, says fuck you to downloaders   Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:46 pm

And if it wasn't for downloaders he probably wouldn't have been able to open up a label in the first place because nobody would give a shit about terrible black metal
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Supernal music shut down, says fuck you to downloaders   Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:51 pm

I agree with that.

I think the indies have to accept downloading. Get the music out there, if it's worth buying... the people will buy it. Maybe he just wasn't making what he felt was enough, I don't know. The way I see it, and most I know, if you enjoy it you should probably buy it at least eventually. I don't want to spend money on something I don't like. If it's actually good to me, I'll buy it when I've got the money or can find it.

I will say that people that do nothing but download suck, though.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: Supernal music shut down, says fuck you to downloaders   Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Cghost21 wrote:
And if it wasn't for downloaders he probably wouldn't have been able to open up a label in the first place because nobody would give a shit about terrible black metal

HEY WHOA

But yeah, basically. If it wasn't for the internet ( and, implicitly, downloading ) these bands would be absolutely nowhere. Most of these small label bands make most of their cash off this sort of exposure and live concert merch, so I don't know what this dude is crying about.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Supernal music shut down, says fuck you to downloaders   Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Supernal had some good shit, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Sure, one could argue that there's an inflated number of small labels, but as long as they are releasing good shit, I don't care.

Live by the internet, die by the internet, I suppose.

I really do like his statements about the sacrifice and risk that used to go into listening to underground music back in the day. It's true, though, I've known lots of people that just downloaded countless albums and barely listen to them more than once, if at all, and then were soon burned out on the genre. If you don't put anything in, in the long run, you don't get anything back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supernal music shut down, says fuck you to downloaders   Today at 2:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Supernal music shut down, says fuck you to downloaders
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1