The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:59 am

I don't know how many people have heard about what happened, but this is one of the newer hardcore bands out there. Not going to describe them or their sound or anything like that, but they are from Baltimore. They play a show over in Germany and a kid ends up knocking the vocalist to the ground accidentally, vocalist ends up punching kid, video is very hard to follow due to position and lighting, but it sure as hell looks like the kid throws some punches back for a moment before getting ganged up on by multiple people in the crowd. Vocalist goes back to stage and calls kid out while making a speech that I feel no one should have to make, but I don't think any hardcore vocalists have. Posting vid and what not, but I'd just like everyone's opinion on hardcore shows. To me they are filled with a whole lot of energy which results in a lot of violence. There are tons of fights between fans at these shows. Tons of fights resulting in tons of injuries, shut down venues, and other shitty things. We have video footage of henry rollins punching a kid in the face, footage of the converge bassist hitting a guy over the head with his bass, and many more things. What makes this one special? What makes these guys so bad to everyone? I'm obviously not giving the whole story because no one knows everything that happened. An apology was made and accepted to the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faX_YqoowZY
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Well, after hearing what that band sounded like, at least a few people deserved to be beat at that show.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:41 pm

I think most people knew that if they fucked with people like Henry Rollins or Danzig back in the old days, they'd fight. That was part of the show. So I think that is different. Some bands encourage or are known for it.

Then there are just crowd members that intentionally start shit. I've seen a video of Himsa's vocalist beating someone's ass for talking shit about them and pretty much provoking him. I've been told about Stevie from Dark Castle almost kicking someone's ass because they were talking shit to her. So, even in that case, I think it's fine if those bands do it. If someone is asking for it, give it to them.

Now... if you're a band full of tools and just beating people up because you think you're a tough guy and cool... fuck you. And none of this getting groups of people to jump people. Don't be a pussy. Do it yourself.

From what you've said, Trapped Under Ice fall into the latter category. Someone accidentally hit him? Then he proceeds to fight him? And gets people to fight the guy? Fuck him. I've seen plenty of bands deal with unfortunate accidents. They get mad but they don't resort to fighting about it. They find out what's going on and then just drop it.

Yeah, I just watched it. Fuck that guy. Trapped Under Ice are fucking terrible anyway.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
seepia.

PostSubject: Re: Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:22 pm

Of course he's not a superhero. He would've broken through that ice if he was.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Justice (the vocalist) is actually a pretty cool guy. The whole hardcore scene in germany doesn't hate him like the youtube comments say. People are hating on this band for stupid shit though. Going to a hardcore show I expect fights, I expect injuries, I expect...shit to go down. If you are some totaly (intentional) hxc bro kid who is going to jump on the crowd, injure many fans in process only to get up to stage to sing whatever the lyrics are, then risk injuring the vocalist (guy you like so much) by jumping on him.. how do you not expect this guy to get mad if you end up causing him to fall off the stage? How do you not expect your fellow fans to start wailing on you after you "accidentally" kicked their head on the way up to the stage? Hardcore shows and even metal shows can make people angry after that shit. Apparently the song they played before, they said don't push me off stage, next song he is pushed off stage and fight starts
Back to top Go down
seepia.

PostSubject: Re: Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:30 pm

He jumped on the vocalist...something you can expect to happen if you're touring with Madball. If you're going to get so upset about it and start taking it out on people, then you probably shouldn't even be playing hardcore in the first place. The vocalist apologized and said he only did what he did for defense, on instinct. Although I'm not really sure if beating the shit out of some guy and putting him in the hospital (not to mention, him having to get his jaw wired), and then later going up on stage to single him out and talk shit is really being on the defensive at all.

This is the type of shit that puts all these douchey brocore bands in a bad light. He clearly wasn't doing it to defend himself, he was just trying to make a public image of how tuff/hard he thinks he is.

Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)   Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:25 pm

Another reason why hardcore is an awful genre.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)   Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:58 am

seepia. wrote:
He jumped on the vocalist...something you can expect to happen if you're touring with Madball. If you're going to get so upset about it and start taking it out on people, then you probably shouldn't even be playing hardcore in the first place. The vocalist apologized and said he only did what he did for defense, on instinct. Although I'm not really sure if beating the shit out of some guy and putting him in the hospital (not to mention, him having to get his jaw wired), and then later going up on stage to single him out and talk shit is really being on the defensive at all.

This is the type of shit that puts all these douchey brocore bands in a bad light. He clearly wasn't doing it to defend himself, he was just trying to make a public image of how tuff/hard he thinks he is.

he gets jumped on and brought down to the ground all the time at other shows. Something was different this time which set him off. I really don't think he was trying to be tough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)   Today at 1:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Trapped Under Ice (hardcore band recently getting lots of flack)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1