The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Have I ever told you fags that the comedian Steven Wright is responsible for making one of my favorite songs of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Have I ever told you fags that the comedian Steven Wright is responsible for making one of my favorite songs of all time?   Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:10 am

I think I may have, but if not, well it's true. Ever since I first heard it maybe five years ago I've loved it and have been holding both my dick and breath on the off chance that he may do a true music album. I'm seriously still blown away by the song though, after listening to it hundreds of times over five years or more. I even uploaded it to YouTube to hopefully give it some more exposure, but you can also download an MP3 direct from his website, along with another song that's also pretty good.

Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Have I ever told you fags that the comedian Steven Wright is responsible for making one of my favorite songs of all time?   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:27 am

WELL!? HAVE I!?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Have I ever told you fags that the comedian Steven Wright is responsible for making one of my favorite songs of all time?   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:47 pm

that's pretty good. Never knew he wrote music. It's a lot happier than I expected it though given his usual disposition
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Have I ever told you fags that the comedian Steven Wright is responsible for making one of my favorite songs of all time?   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:06 pm

I listened to this when I posted it. I liked everything but the chorus quite a bit. The chorus kind of put me off from it.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Have I ever told you fags that the comedian Steven Wright is responsible for making one of my favorite songs of all time?   Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Cghost21 wrote:
that's pretty good. Never knew he wrote music. It's a lot happier than I expected it though given his usual disposition
I find the song to be pretty far from happy actually lol. I wouldn't call it a total downer either I don't think; I think I'd just say it's a fair fit with his general blasť, apathetic, generally merely obsevational disposition. And he's actually incorporated the guitar (and I think some other things like harmonica, ukulele and piano) into his comedy on stage, but this is obviously a different monster.

jeffnogo wrote:
I listened to this when I posted it. I liked everything but the chorus quite a bit. The chorus kind of put me off from it.
When you posted it? You mean when I first posted it? The chorus is indeed my least favorite part of the song, but the hook more than makes up for it, and the song in general just works for me. It's not like I don't like the chorus though, it's just my least favorite part of the song is all.

[edit]: I also just think it's cool that one of my all time favorite comedians is also responsible for making one of my all time favorite songs and favorite films (The Appointments of Dennis Jennings).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have I ever told you fags that the comedian Steven Wright is responsible for making one of my favorite songs of all time?   Today at 8:27 pm

Back to top Go down

Have I ever told you fags that the comedian Steven Wright is responsible for making one of my favorite songs of all time?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1