Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Screamo...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shrike

PostSubject: Screamo...   Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:16 pm

We had a brief discussion about screamo-ish type bands back when CnC6 posted about More Than Life on IGN Metal. I loved MTL, and also found La Dispute via that discussion.

On a fluke, I came across Pianos Become The Teeth - Old Pride on Hammersmashed Sound (while looking for some new drone-stuff). I'm listening through the album on Spotify right now and it's kicking my ass. To me it has that same kinda "energy and emotion without sentimentalism" that made Love Let Me Go an awesome album. Granted I'm only halfway through, but it's promising so far.

Which got me thinking. Where do I go from here? I would assume that neither of the bands are actually "thoroughbred" screamo, but perhaps some of you have got an idea of what it is I mean.

Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Screamo...   Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:04 am

As always the Japanese bands Envy and Heaven in Her Arms must represent. Also try Lands - Subtitles Also if you want a little more sludgey scremo/hardcore try Time to Burn - Is.land

Lands

Time to Burn
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Screamo...   Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:41 am

Probably should have mentioned that I've listened to Envy for a few years, too :p

Lands was good, though angrier than I'd expected, but good none the less. Vocals remind me of Mare.

Time to Burn, while not sounding anything like what I was looking for, was very interesting. I could become a fan of that.

I've heard of Heaven in her Arms countless times, but never gotten around to checking them out. From Youtubing them they sound very much like Envy fans. Post rock-vibes aplenty. Good tho.

All good recommendations.

Have you got anything a little less sludgey and more blast-beat-y post-hardcorish direction? Think earlier Envy (All the Footprints… rather than Insomniac Doze).
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Screamo...   Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:21 am

oh do i ever, i have this band i found thats pretty much Post hardcore mixed with DsO, i was going to make its own thread for the link. Here is just one of their songs the band is called The Phantom Carriage

http://throatruinerrecords.bandcamp.com/track/the-wreck-of-my-mental-ship

i just found the labels bandcamp just now im sure there is even more fucking kickass shit on it and am just about to go through it.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Screamo...   Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Holy shitballs...

That song was heavy as fuck. Seriously.

Make dedicated thread for them, this is awesome. They've got tons of stuff going on genre wise, but it doesn't feel disjointed at all. At least the two songs I've heard.

Here's hoping the rest of the label's output matches this. I've been getting more label-centric in my music-exploration since I got wind of niche-labels like Pest and Khrysanthoney.
Back to top Go down
seepia.

PostSubject: Re: Screamo...   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Just gonna compile a bunch of screamo that I listen to in hopes that you'll find something you enjoy.

La Quiete:

Louise Cyphre

Celeste

Funeral Diner

Orchid

Coffin Dancer

Sailboats

Loma Prieta

Daitro

Raein

Back to top Go down
Cghost21