Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you   Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:51 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?x342s4u18ur8acv
Back to top Go down
CnC6

PostSubject: Re: Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you   Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:52 pm

Have you listened to it yet?
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you   Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:08 pm

I caved. Will listen to it tomorrow morning.

Also: OMGWTF Lyckantropen Themes is coming out on LP?

I really wanted a re-release of SOTS or Quick Fix, but I'll make do with that for now.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you   Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:27 am

CnC6 wrote:
Have you listened to it yet?
yes it was solid but not my cup of tea, still best thing they have done that isnt BM
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you   Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Y u no like blood inside?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you   Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:11 pm

I'm going to save myself for the regular CD. Batting
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

PostSubject: Re: Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you   Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Y u no like blood inside?
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you   Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:54 am

Listened to it last night before going to bed. Start to finish, laying on the couch.

Suggestive piece of music. I'm pretty sure this is their most intricate album in terms of the sheer amount of sound they've got going on in the background. They've dabbled with noise and layers before, but this is something else. Second track was straight up frightening during the intro with all that dissonance and the saxophone/trumpet whatever the hell that was.

In one sense I'm disappointed that it's so different from Shadows of the Sun, but I knew that beforehand. If there's one problem with the album it's that some songs felt a tad disjointed. I know they've always had weird song-structures and I have nothing against that, but some of the songs felt a tad nonsensical in the way they developed. That was one of the things I loved about SotS. Every single song had a clear progression that made sense. Every song is contained, focused, direct and complete. Wars of the Roses seems to have much more "expansive" approach to song structure. I would assume it's intentional, Ulver being all about the unexpected and so on, but I'm not sure it's what I would have wanted.

That said, everything else about it, the layered vocals, the production/soundscape, Dave's guitar-work and so on, is amazing. I think Dave especially should get credit, he's one hell of an interesting player.

As for the quality of the rip, there was some crackling that made me suspect it was an LP-rip. Of you can wait for the CD, by all means do.

I'll give it another listen tonight.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you   Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:09 pm

I liked Shadows of the Sun, didn't like Blood Inside much. I'll listen to this later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you   Today at 11:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Hey pretentious assholes, The new Ulver album for you
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1