The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.


Surrender To All Life Beyond Form
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 My top films

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6301
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:18 pm

"Hi, I'm Cincy, and I like faggy art flicks."

Watch Santa Sangre.
Back to top Go down
CnC6



Posts : 324
Registered : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:25 pm

I've already seen ( and own ) most of Jodorowsky's films. See SOMBRE if you like watching prostitutes murdered, or THE WAYWARD CLOUD if you like perverse, surreal musicals with minimalistic tendencies.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6301
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:28 pm

A musical? That sounds so gay. I've never cared for musicals unless it's cartooooooons.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6301
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:37 pm

You should watch this 1967 Polish–French co-production called Withheld the Apple in Hand, Soul Fails to Incandescent Pit by director Mrzzaboq Liptenstein. You'd love it.
Back to top Go down
CnC6



Posts : 324
Registered : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Well I hate musicals too. STOP MAKING FUN OF ME; we're just on opposite sides of pretentious cinema pole.

You should watch this 2002 Japanese film called I'll Suck Your Asshole Out With A Blender by director Fischohisha Kashagaralakwe. You'd love it.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6301
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:50 pm

I'd watch it.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero



Posts : 3996
Registered : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:18 pm

WHAT NO REQUIEM FOR A DREAM I THOUGHT THAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE FILM

You seriously liked Last Days? That's high in the running for worst movie I've ever seen; if you're seriously gonna put anything by Van Sant how could it not be Private Idaho? 10,000 points for Lost In Translation though.

Everything else either sucks, I haven't seen, or I know you like it so it's not worth seeing, and/or has no merit. Have you ever thought about how no entertainment could equate to no "merit or quality" as you say? Craft, technique and literary devices shouldn't always be held to such a high regard in the way that you seem to do. It's just so reminiscent of college professors and faux-intellectual coffee shop residents that want to appear as intelligent and well-versed as college professors, who all wrack their brains and reference books to dissect and decipher every last sentence, line and frame of every book, poem and film to find each individual meaning to construct what is known to be the accepted meaning at large, but they like to feel good about how they put it together and still ended up at where they were supposed to. Like, why not just sit back and take in a film for what it is and enjoy it in the raw? For a type of people who hold individual expression and interpretation in such a high esteem, there seems to be very little of it genuinely going around.

What I'm really saying is why do separate lists for "favorite film" and "favorite fun film"? Would there definitely be no crossover? That is to say, even your number one favorite fun film wouldn't be able to crack your top 25 if you hadn't segregated them? If that's the case, then I feel sad for da cincees.

oh and just so you calm down I'll clarify that that was about halfway a joke and I've actually seen and at least halfway liked Irreversible and Pierrot Le Fou, and have interest in seeing Naked, The Mirror, and A New Life. Also, kudos on not having the most stereotypical pretentious arthouse list (i.e. nothing but French New Wave, 40's Film Noir, German Surrealism and Kurosawa), but really all that does is prove that you're more pretentious cuz you searched for more obscure films to make your list. It's lose-lose for ya, dewd.


Last edited by roughdraft_zero on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Online
Electroretard



Posts : 2304
Age : 27
Location : Ohio
Title : post-post
Registered : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:25 pm

FILMS.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6301
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down
tuggernuts



Posts : 1816
Age : 29
Location : Michigan - aka Hell on Earth
Title : The Mighty Masturbator
Registered : 2010-10-25

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:05 pm

As expected, I've only heard of like 2 of those.
Back to top Go down
seepia.



Posts : 155
Registered : 2011-03-13

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:14 pm

I haven't heard of like any of those, but I'm kinda glad because now I have new things to watch.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP


Posts : 9029
Age : 32
Title : Blüge
Registered : 2008-05-09

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Rank:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 pm

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune



Posts : 1410
Title : Trolling Dick
Registered : 2011-01-26

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:22 pm

What no Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Secret of The Ooze, you fucking fail sir.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune



Posts : 1410
Title : Trolling Dick
Registered : 2011-01-26

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 pm

What no Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Secret of The Ooze, you fucking fail sir.

Greatest scene in film history
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES



Posts : 820
Age : 29
Title : sux
Registered : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:08 am

I want to say I've seen Naked. Either that or those same actors have been in another film that I might have seen.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune



Posts : 1410
Title : Trolling Dick
Registered : 2011-01-26

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:18 am

hey why did my edit make a new post
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll



Posts : 2085
Age : 25
Location : Bay Area
Registered : 2011-02-26

Character sheet
Name:
Rank:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:29 am

haven't heard of a single movie on this list except Lost in Translation and I haven't seen that movie. Fucking hipsters
Back to top Go down
Cghost21



Posts : 3074
Title : Hookers and blow
Registered : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:55 pm

What do you think of Lars Von Trier's shit? I downloaded The Idiots recently but haven't watched it yet.
Back to top Go down
CnC6



Posts : 324
Registered : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:12 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:

You seriously liked Last Days? That's high in the running for worst movie I've ever seen; if you're seriously gonna put anything by Van Sant how could it not be Private Idaho? 10,000 points for Lost In Translation though.

Yes, I did. And yes, LiT is amazing.

roughdraft_zero wrote:

Everything else either sucks, I haven't seen, or I know you like it so it's not worth seeing, and/or has no merit.

FUCK YOU.

roughdraft_zero wrote:

Have you ever thought about how no entertainment could equate to no "merit or quality" as you say? Craft, technique and literary devices shouldn't always be held to such a high regard in the way that you seem to do. It's just so reminiscent of college professors and faux-intellectual coffee shop residents that want to appear as intelligent and well-versed as college professors, who all wrack their brains and reference books to dissect and decipher every last sentence, line and frame of every book, poem and film to find each individual meaning to construct what is known to be the accepted meaning at large, but they like to feel good about how they put it together and still ended up at where they were supposed to. Like, why not just sit back and take in a film for what it is and enjoy it in the raw? For a type of people who hold individual expression and interpretation in such a high esteem, there seems to be very little of it genuinely going around.

Yes, I realize now that that was rather silly of me. I guess a definitive list would be an aggregate of films I can repeatably return too without a loss of enjoyability or grasp. Most of the fun, fluffy stuff just doesn't stick with me; it's like a pizza or a glass of water when thirsty. It's great to watch when you're watching it, but after you've had your fill you're done. It doesn't have any weight on how you view or interact or see things; something I hold dearly regarding cinema. That's not to say fun films have no merit, because it's obvious they do. ROBOCOP, for example, is a fun film. No doubt. I can watch that drunk as hell or completely somber and still have a great time; but in the end, there's really nothing there but a couple hours of fun. Even after it's over I'm no longer having fun. That's the sort of grasp and overwhelming sense I seemingly look for. None of it is a "supposed" to "get it" or anything. I'm not pretentious, and though I seemingly come off as it, I look for more than critical acclaim and level of obscurity. I just like films.

roughdraft_zero wrote:

oh and just so you calm down I'll clarify that that was about halfway a joke and I've actually seen and at least halfway liked Irreversible and Pierrot Le Fou, and have interest in seeing Naked, The Mirror, and A New Life. Also, kudos on not having the most stereotypical pretentious arthouse list (i.e. nothing but French New Wave, 40's Film Noir, German Surrealism and Kurosawa), but really all that does is prove that you're more pretentious cuz you searched for more obscure films to make your list. It's lose-lose for ya, dewd.

I like ( some ) of the pretentious arthouse stuff, but I really fail to see it as pretentious. You of all people should know European cinema's influence on western entertainment/culture.

Cghost21 wrote:

What do you think of Lars Von Trier's shit? I downloaded The Idiots recently but haven't watched it yet.
I like some of his stuff, but on the whole he's incredibly heavyhanded and manipulative. I watched BREAKING THE WAVES a few years ago and almost couldn't make it through it. Performances, scripting, pacing, cinematography, all great; but the way he manipulates an audience into feeling and evoking is pathetic. Most of the time his protagonists are punching bags he uses to take out his own depression and angst out on. If I had to recommend a Von Trier, I'd go with EUROPA or ANTICHRIST. DOGVILLE is okay too.
Back to top Go down
Shrike



Posts : 956
Registered : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:03 am

Lars von Trier is awesome, and I think his manipulative streak kinda adds to the awesome.

The Kingdom might be the best TV-show ever made. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108906/

Honestly, I haven't seen too many of the films on that list. But I'd imagine most of them are good.

You should have some Bergman up there, tho.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard



Posts : 2304
Age : 27
Location : Ohio
Title : post-post
Registered : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 pm

I saw Antichrist. Funniest movie I've seen in a while. It's so pretentious to the point of absurdity.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21



Posts : 3074
Title : Hookers and blow
Registered : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:08 pm

I saw Antichrist quite a while back. I thought it was pretty good horror flick, which surprised me because I usually don't like horror at all. It seemed pretty pretentious (I more or less just ignored those parts) but I give it cudos for generating a large feeling of discomfort in me.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6301
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Antichrist is awesome. It's not ultra-faggy like a lot of "art films."

But I know Cincy's favorite part was the dick being plowed into that vagina.
Back to top Go down
CnC6



Posts : 324
Registered : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:37 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Antichrist is awesome. It's not ultra-faggy like a lot of "art films."

But I know Cincy's favorite part was the dick being plowed into that vagina.

Wrong. It was good. Get off my dick.

Shrike wrote:

You should have some Bergman up there, tho.

You know, I'm not too much of a fan of him. He's one of those directors ( this is in my opinion ) whose work would best suite another medium ( see: a play ). I enjoyed FANNY AND ALEXANDER, THROUGH A GLASS DARKLY, and PERSONA ( to name a few ) very much, but hated CRIES AND WHISPERS and WINTER LIGHT and such. He's very hit or miss with me.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP


Posts : 6301
Age : 30
Location : Ur-anus huhuhu
Title : hoardin' up
Registered : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: My top films   Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:15 am

CnC6 wrote:
Get off my dick.

But I like riding it so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My top films   Today at 12:40 pm

Back to top Go down
 
My top films
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» TOURISTS FILMS IRISHMAN'S DEATH
» Chong is known for appearing in the films Quest for Fire (1981), The Color Purple
» Debut film based on Madeleine McCann and Josef Fritzl cases
» X-Men films
» 80's Films

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Academy :: General :: Movie and Television-
Jump to: