Hello new Sleeping Peonies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lotsajoy

Title : InternetSexMonster

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:56 am

Electroretard wrote:
lol I love when bands google themselves.

Not making fun, I do it all the time, myself.

I'm not in the band, actually. I'm the guy who runs their label. Wink
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:09 am

Still stands. It's fun finding out what people say about shit you're involved with.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:14 am

Electroretard wrote:
Still stands. It's fun finding out what people say about shit you're involved with.

I don't need to use Google. I'm inside the internet itself.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:19 am

Is this your voice?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:19 am

lotsajoy wrote:
I won't really comment on or dispel any of the long standing Velvet Cacoon internet rumors which include a variety of stolen albums
Why wouldn't you? Seems like something you should be happy to explain or especially dispel as you say since they're a band on your label.

I know the basic story, but to be honest, I don't know the whole of it or what parts are entirely true and what's circumstantial/hearsay/an outright lie. And being even more honest, I've never bothered to find out everything because I haven't found their music interesting or enjoyable enough to want to know the band's history. But if you were to post the story, even a truncated version, I'd be happy to read it since you could perhaps be considered an authority figure or expert on the subject.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:45 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
lotsajoy wrote:
I won't really comment on or dispel any of the long standing Velvet Cacoon internet rumors which include a variety of stolen albums
Why wouldn't you? Seems like something you should be happy to explain or especially dispel as you say since they're a band on your label.

I know the basic story, but to be honest, I don't know the whole of it or what parts are entirely true and what's circumstantial/hearsay/an outright lie. And being even more honest, I've never bothered to find out everything because I haven't found their music interesting or enjoyable enough to want to know the band's history. But if you were to post the story, even a truncated version, I'd be happy to read it.

It would kill all the fun though. Actually, not simply the fun but the entire reason why ....ahh.... wait a minute, I'm already saying too much here. Very Happy

Well, let's put it this way. Some things are best left to the imagination, and in black metal these days, there really is neither much imagination or intrigue to speak of. Outside of a few bands who know what to say and how to say it- such as Velvet Cacoon for instance - the scene is pretty bland and samey and not too exciting. There's just nothing to go "Ew Ah!" about.

I'm content with saying very little more about it, really. You know, a good stripper never reveals her entire body because it's not the act of getting totally nude that piques the imagination, it's the song & dance & leaving on just enough to keep one guessing what she looks like in the buff that creates the mystique.

Velvet Cacoon knows how to shake it.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:58 am

I like fucking naked chicks though.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 am

lotsajoy wrote:
roughdraft_zero wrote:
lotsajoy wrote:

I know the basic story, but to be honest, I don't know the whole of it or what parts are entirely true and what's circumstantial/hearsay/an outright lie. And being even more honest, I've never bothered to find out everything because I haven't found their music interesting or enjoyable enough to want to know the band's history. But if you were to post the story, even a truncated version, I'd be happy to read it.

It would kill all the fun though. Actually, not simply the fun but the entire reason why ....ahh.... wait a minute, I'm already saying too much here. Very Happy

Well, let's put it this way. Some things are best left to the imagination, and in black metal these days, there really is neither much imagination or intrigue to speak of. Outside of a few bands who know what to say and how to say it- such as Velvet Cacoon for instance - the scene is pretty bland and samey and not too exciting. There's just nothing to go "Ew Ah!" about.

I'm content with saying very little more about it, really. You know, a good stripper never reveals her entire body because it's not the act of getting totally nude that piques the imagination, it's the song & dance & leaving on just enough to keep one guessing what she looks like in the buff that creates the mystique.

Velvet Cacoon knows how to shake it.
Well now this has got to be one of the most pretentious things I've ever read on the internet. You should feel accomplished for that, and you're not even IN the band lol. I mean, I can understand mystery and mystique with bands who, let's say, don't publish their lyrics (or at least publish the lyrics but not translations, explanations or citations of inspiration, etc.) and allow the fans to come up with their own interpretations. But to allow somebody who you represent to continue to go accused of intellectual theft? That's just odd to me.

Black metal these days lacks imagination? Do you not realize the irony in what you're saying? That's the exact thing they're guilty of in at least some instances: having such a lack of imagination that they resort to literally stealing entire albums to pawn off as their own. No matter how "fun" you think it is I can't understand how you could not want to provide any elaboration or explanation. And if it's because it's something I'm missing from what's being spread around there, why not tell me?

Although, I'm not really sure why I'm pushing for a story since, like I said before, I'm not at all into the band. I suppose that, to me, the story behind them is more interesting than the music itself.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:42 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Although, I'm not really sure why I'm pushing for a story

It's human nature to want to unravel a good mystery. Not being able to, however, is sometimes the best part.

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:02 am

Just want to say that packaging looks awesome. I have to get one of those on my next check. Ahhhh.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:25 pm

lotsajoy wrote:
But for the record, let me just throw in my two cents worth and say that Sleeping Peonies doesn't really sound anything like Velvet Cacoon (aside from some nautical-seasick basslines), in fact the new EP is a step away from any VC influence the band may have exhibited on "Rose curl.....".

The "Velvet Cacoon rip off" or "Alcest rip off" comments I see too make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Sleeping Peonies as a band is its own entity altogether- love 'em or hate 'em that's just the way it goes.

To be fair, I think the whole nautical-seasick basslines are a pretty darn important part of the SP sound :p As for the Alcest-connection, no I don't see that in the slightest so I agree with you there. And by the way, I was never accusing them of stealing, nor would I care if they were.

Also, fun to see you show up here. And kudos for the way you handled the Ghosts, and Other Thing-delay.

Only problem with the release is that it doesn't really fit into my disc rack properly.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 am

Then it must be framed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Tue May 03, 2011 3:59 pm

If you manage to get the SP-releases out on vinyl, I'll frame them Wink Otherwise it'd break my interior design scheme.

I have a revolving 6-frame LP-wall where all my cool music goes (plus the stuff I have to allow up their in order to appease the missus).

Seriously though. You did the Velvet Cacoon LP, aren't Sleeping Peonies hyped enough to warrant a limited vinyl release down the road?

Though I guess that'd be better suited for an actual album, if they ever decide to do one.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Tue May 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Shrike wrote:
If you manage to get the SP-releases out on vinyl, I'll frame them Wink Otherwise it'd break my interior design scheme.

I have a revolving 6-frame LP-wall where all my cool music goes (plus the stuff I have to allow up their in order to appease the missus).

Seriously though. You did the Velvet Cacoon LP, aren't Sleeping Peonies hyped enough to warrant a limited vinyl release down the road?

Though I guess that'd be better suited for an actual album, if they ever decide to do one.

Nic and I have been talking about re-releasing the first two EPs as a limited edition vinyl sometime for next year. There's been a ton of demand for "Rose curl...." as of late; most people missed out on it the first time since we only printed 100 copies of it and sold out rather quickly. An analog version sounds awfully yummy I must say.

But one thing at a time. Vinyl is VERY expensive to manufacture and just the hardcore collectors end up buying it. I still have Clair Cassis' "Luxury Absolute" to release (the tests will be in my hands within two weeks), "Dextronaut" double 12" and the second Clair Cassis LP coming up, and the Korouva albums of course. I may need to start prostituting my body to pay for all of this (or rob some poor cunt's piggy bank when he ain't lookin').
Back to top Go down
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Wed May 04, 2011 1:22 am

I know it's expensive, I just figured there be a market for a limited release, especially with a bit of PR. But I get that it's not something you pull out of your ass.

Is it Korouva albums plural now? I loved shipwrecks, would buy it instantly.
Back to top Go down
lotsajoy

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Wed May 04, 2011 1:58 am

Oh yeah, we plan to make "Shipwrecks....", "Sleepwalker" and "Unbearable Romance" happen before the end of this year. Each will come out in fewer than 100 copies and have tucked with them a little poster thing and some hand written letters or something. Dried flowers and red kisses have also been discussed; we want to make them very special for the fans. Smile

But fuck, it's taking FOREVER!!!!!! Incidentally we've planned to make "Unbearable Romance" the first of the Korouva albums on wax. The rest will follow in order shortly thereafter.

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Wed May 04, 2011 2:39 am

Hey guy, post back here and let us know when you get this shit going.

My girlfriend just bought a record player (and I've been wanting one). So now I'm interested in starting to get vinyls of my favorite music.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Wed May 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Here's a suggestion, which I just ordered:

http://shop.prophecy.de/product_info.php?info=p1188_ALCEST---Le-Secret--ltd--Gatefold-LP---classic-edition-.html

Their best release by far already, hopefully the re-recorded version will elevate it further.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Wed May 04, 2011 6:23 pm

It does. The rerecorded one is much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello new Sleeping Peonies   Today at 4:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Hello new Sleeping Peonies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2