Share | 

The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:31 am

I've been trying to push this album in every metal fan's face lately and I haven't really found many people who dislike them. This band's first album Nocturne came out a few years ago and was actually responsible for me getting into heavier genres in metal and also significantly improved my guitar playing. They are often mislabeled as a btbam rip off or protest the hero clone (inorite), but they are not similar at all. AJ Minette (THA's lead guitarist) quit after a little while and focused on school. The band's next effort was pretty bad without AJ and many fans were incredibly disappointed. Time went on and Nathan Ellis (vocalist) quit, AJ Minette came back after getting a good deal of education in classical music (even though he clearly knew a lot from his work in Nocturne), they got Travis Richter to become the new vocalist, and then Tapley (guitarist who was on their second release) quit or was kicked out. What we now have is easily THA's best album and best lineup they have ever had. Before people whine about them being a metalcore band... I think only 2-3 songs have breakdowns in them and even on Nocturne they used breakdowns sparingly.

First album - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aofPANC32g&feature=related (song that introduced me to sweep arpeggios)
New album - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yq6_v0iy3s (hory shet...those riffs...those vocals...just a beautiful song)
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:53 am

That was awful wankery bullshit, and you just found almost a whole forum that will hate this shit.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:15 am

sorry the song structure doesn't revolve around tremolo picked notes. Also sorry that you are lumping this together with Dragonforce because me and many others are enjoying this quite a bit and find none of it to be "awful wankery bullshit"
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:20 am

Im sorry to hear you enjoy bad music. anyway on a totally unrelated note, you post on IGN? if so who are you?
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:39 am

This is Chad's alt
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:20 am

You're making a pretty bad case for being my alt considering I don't listen to anything nearly this shitty.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:28 am

You're making a pretty bad case for being my main considering I don't listen to anything besides nu metal.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 am

that's not even accurate.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:51 pm

One of my facebook friends posted a video of their new single or something a while back. I didn't like it. I can't remember if I ever liked them or not.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:12 pm

They did a great job with this album in terms of hype. I believe they put out 4/8 songs over time. 3 of the songs that weren't put out before the release were really good, but this other one I just think is okay. Took a kind of "totally brootal" approach. It has some crazy poly-rhythms but it still was the weakest song. 7/8 songs being great is still a great album. Not sure why these two bozos are so quick to call something "wankery". Dragonforce, Brain Drill, Rings of Saturn=wankery. Hell, I wouldn't even disagree if you said Beneath the Massacre was wankery. But this is not even close. I guarantee this album will make many AOTY lists. Maybe you guys will pay attention to it then.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:40 pm

I don't see why people putting it on their lists would matter to others? Don't like what you don't like.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:06 pm

That's not how everyone is though. Just look at readers of pitchfork.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Who takes that site seriously?

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:43 pm

many people
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Yeah but you're posting this here. How many people here do you really think are in that mindset?
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:32 pm

at least 20 percent of the posters
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 pm

I don't know of anyone that would.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 pm

If it was black metal/shoegaze related, then maybe.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Or Dooooooooooooooooom

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out   Today at 9:33 am

Back to top Go down

The Human Abstract's Digital Veil album is out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1