Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:27 pm

From their Facebook page:

"We are in Markus Stock's Studio E since one week now to record the next Alcest album. I worked a lot on composing new material last year, the result is really epic and otherworldly. It gather all the aspects I liked from each Alcest release until now, ideologically and musically. It's a synthesis work. This record will containing eight songs and I am sure it will be an important step in Alcest's discography."

8 songs. I wonder if that means they'll be shorter this time?

Also, Neige is a girl. Confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Electroretard wrote:
From their Facebook page:

"We are in Markus Stock's Studio E since one week now to record the next Alcest album. I worked a lot on composing new material last year, the result is really epic and otherworldly. It gather all the aspects I liked from each Alcest release until now, ideologically and musically. It's a synthesis work. This record will containing eight songs and I am sure it will be an important step in Alcest's discography."

8 songs. I wonder if that means they'll be shorter this time?

Also, Neige is a girl. Confirmed.

Actually he is just French which is close enough
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Dude, he has cleavage.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:33 pm

so there is no god, fantastic
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:46 pm

I don't see cleavage but yeah... he's always looked a little off to me.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:09 am

Cghost21 wrote:
so there is no god, fantastic

I don't think you've ever fully explained why you are so against blackgaze
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:29 am

Because it's the most bland, boring, emotionless shit I've ever heard. Shoegaze is bad enough, let alone when it's mixed with black metal to create one of the most monotonous sounds ever. Honestly I think I hate on it more because it's become a hipster thing, but regardless I still think it's bad.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:33 am

Just as an example, I couldn't even remember what Deathspell Omega was like, and I remember liking them. I remember thinking Alcest's first album was okay, excessively repetitive and pretty boring, but just okay. I bet if I turned that album on now I'd probably punch myself in the nuts for even having it on my computer.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:46 am

You don't appreciate the wall of sound found in oh so many shoegaze bands? Deathspell Omega is like technical black metal. The guitar riffs aren't even that black metal and could be found in an Ulcerate song...maybe kind of Gorguts? It has a mathy feel to it.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:47 am

also I think hipsters like DsO more than Alcest. I don't really pay attention to them(hipsters) considering they've invaded every genre
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:16 am

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:
You don't appreciate the wall of sound found in oh so many shoegaze bands?

No, I think shoegaze is fucking terrible.

Anyway I don't know about the gutiar riffs and cross comparing them to other shit. I barely listen to metal anymore (which is also another reason for the scathing hatred)
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:13 am

Controversial opinion ahead:

Alcest isn't black metal, metal, or usually even shoegaze. They are a screamo band. Aside from the debut album and the first song on Le Secret, I would call everything they've done to be screamo. Listen to other screamo bands with post rock influence like Envy. They sound just like Alcest.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:36 am

I don't like screamo either
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:41 am

I didn't think so. I wasn't trying to convince you that you like Alcest or anything; just saying what I think on their genre.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Eh. It's hard to say really. I do see where you are coming from 100% but I do also hear the BM+shoegaze sound found in some of Alcest's work. Then again I can also hear certain songs by Envy and think they can easily be mistaken for a blackgaze band.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Yeah... I'd say your statement is reasonable.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:41 pm

CGhost doesn't like shoegaze/blackgaze/whatever because he doesn't know what it sounds like. Didn't he call Wolves in the Throne Room drone or something in another thread? Doh!
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Drone influenced.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:06 am

WITTR are drone influenced. I know they're not a drone band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length   Today at 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down

Alcest is in the studio recording the next full length
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1