Share | 

I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:44 am

Not bad.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:06 am

So cuuute, and hot.

Well, I'm a sucker for jpop.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 am

Don't like them much actually. I like SDN48 more. Mischief
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:09 am

Screw J-pop everyone knows K-pop is where it is at

Real version

Metal version
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:43 pm

The original version of that song was a bit too bubbley for my tastes. The metal version was pretty cool. Are there more of those? I really like that guy that's done covers of Justin Timberlake and Lily Allen. Can't recall his name at the moment. I think these type of mash-ups or whatever you want to call them are pretty nifty.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:13 pm

Ancient Rune wrote:
Screw J-pop everyone knows K-pop is where it is at

I've actually really gotten into K-Pop in the last 6 months. Course this was already stated in my AOTY post. Cool
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Well, I've always found one thing clear, Koreans are the hottest asians. That video was further proof.

However, the song was just a little too "western" pop for me. I can't explain why it is, but I'm not going to base all of k-pop off of that one song.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Yes, let's turn this thread into a K, C, or J-pop thread. I'm being serious. I'd like some more. The only cds I have anymore are Utada Hikaru's Ultra Blue and Biyuuden's Single Best 9 Vol. 1.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:24 pm

So check it out I've got all my tags on last FM

Here's my J-Pop: http://www.last.fm/user/Symbiote-X-86/library/tags?tag=j-pop&view=cloud

K-Pop: http://www.last.fm/user/Symbiote-X-86/library/tags?tag=k-pop&view=cloud

Mandopop: http://www.last.fm/user/Symbiote-X-86/library/tags?tag=mandopop&view=cloud (Still exploring this one Tongue )

J-Pop reccomendations - Your enjoyment may vary since I had a progression here Tongue

Mika Nakashima - Love / I recommend this album first. I think it is her best album, still way different from her other albums, kind of jazzy. If you were to start somewhere I suppose I would stay start with this one.

Nami Tamaki - Speciality / Hard to choose from these albums. I say her first 4 albums are great. Kind of a high energy J-pop style with hard pumping electronic beats. What I really like is that the cadence of her voice goes with the pace of the music as if the lyrics fit the beat of the music. No one else sounds like this as far as I know. Her newest album was kind of disappointing but I still own them all regardless (I'm pretty sure I showed you the sweet pictures of the don't stay album I got). TAMAKI NAMI REPRODUCT BEST is also pretty good, it's like a remix of all her songs.

BoA - The Face / I really enjoyed this album back in the day. She's got a lot of good stuff. She's Korean and has a couple of K-Pop CDs too but I like her Japanese stuff more and I'd stay away from her English album that might turn you off from here completely. Tongue

JAMOSA - Red / Really got into her the past couple of years (if you pay attention to my weekly / yearly last.fm posts anyway Tongue ) It's kind of a more urban approach to J-Pop (J-Urban actually ) which my enjoyment kind of stemmed from my newfound love for R&B so you might like it you might not. I tried to get some other people into her but they didn't really end up liking her as much as I did. Tongue

Rina Aiuchi - Be Happy / I haven't listened to much from her in a while but I really liked Be Happy and some other singles from various albums. I should get into her more, this doesn't really help you though. Tongue

Namie Amuro - (No album in particular) I have only heard from Style on but she's got some good music. Style is good for "come" and I'd recommend 60s 70s 80s because "What A Feeling" is incredible, only on the best of and this single.

MiChi - Up To You / She's new and this is good.

Twenty4-7 / If you like the J-Urban thing this is kind of a pop/hip-hop mix since one girl sings and one girl raps. Tongue

----

K-Pop - You know how I got into this, by seeing the wonder girls. K-Pop is more about groups that solo people and to me I think they do it better than the few J-Pop groups.

Wonder Girls - They really only have 1 album (Korean) and a bunch of singles. The album isn't bad but check out the 2 Different tears single since it has all their good songs. Tongue

2NE1 - Probably my favorite K-Pop group They have an album and a single, I'd recommend both. The good thing about Korean CDs is they are a lot cheaper than Japanese CDs so I got the 2NE1 EP and To Anyone album. And it came in some amazing package that will definately destroy the earth and a picture book. But you probably won't end up buying anything from them just adding my 2 cents in.

As for their actual music I think they're a little more edgier than the Wonder Girls, they pack a bit more punch and are kind of more rappy I guess. Hard to explain. Tongue

4Minute - I'd check out the 2 Eps they have an album, Diamond, it's good too. They are kind of like 2NE1

After School - They only have a bunch of singles so check them all out. They kind of remind me of a poppier AKB48, hard to say

Girls Generation - As rune posted above they are pretty good. I'd check out their first and send album Baby Baby and Run Devil Run

------------

Mandopop / C-Pop - I haven't really super gotten into this but I'll probably have more on this soon since I've aquired a bunch of music from them as of late. Tongue

Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm gonna make you a sample thread to pique your interest.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Alright.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:42 pm

And I did. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:44 pm

I looked around in it... I'll have to listen later. Going to have a busy night tonight, blah.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:10 pm

I'll work on a J-Pop one later maybe...
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:10 pm

Go for it. I'm trying to rebuild my music library... and it's a pain. Blah. But I've been getting on that. Ripping cds and downloading a few.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge   Today at 6:10 am

Back to top Go down

I am now listening to AKB48 because of you, Blooge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1