Share | 

What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:06 am

Loxx, you should merge this TV/Movie board with the General. Good board but quite slow.

Anyway,

Pawn Stars - History Channel
IRT Deadliest Roads - History

Undercover Boss - Yeah, I'm surprised I like something on Sea Bee Ess but it's fun watching the (usually fatfuck unfit) CEO's doing gruntwork undercover in their own company.

Eastbound & Down - HBO. 3 episodes into the second season, it's not as good as the first but still funny.
Boardwalk Empire - HBO. Brilliant. Think 1920's era Sopranos.

The Apprentice - NNN Bee Sea. First non-celebrity season of it I've watched but it's been pretty good. Fun watching everyone get all pissy at one another and one (or two?) getting canned by Donald Trump.

Probably forgetting a couple but this is at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:12 pm

I'm watching House, Hell's Kitchen, Running Wilde, Nikita and Hellcats (whenever Hell's Kitchen stops being 2 hours long Tongue )

Also I've been streaming Veronica Mars season 3 and The Tudors season 2 off of netflix.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:00 pm

MLB playoffs, some hockey, foosball, some pre-season NBA (boring as hell, but the Jazz are 7-0 without Boozer, makes me happy and sad lol).

Colbert and Daily Show, South Park sometimes, lots of Adult Swim, especially Delocated. The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Tod Margaret is great, and I just finished the The Kids in the Hall: Death Comes to Town mini-series, which was really fucking excellent. Main thing I can't wait for is for Louie to come back on FX next year.

The occasional Man V Food and No Reservations as well as assorted Discovery Channel stuff like Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs.

Eastbound & Down if I can go to a friend's house (don't have HBO). Not watching Boardwalk Empire cuz I don't think my friend's could shut up long enough for an episode. I'd want to watch it by myself or at least in total silence, and on a big screen HDTV, which none of my friends who do have HBO have. So I'll probably just wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Clinton70 wrote:
Loxx, you should merge this TV/Movie board with the General. Good board but quite slow

I think merging it with the Music board would be a better idea.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm

I forgot football. I will watch the WS too if it's the Giants/Rangee's.

I don't visit the music board. I hardly listen to metal so yeah. lol

edit: Just looked. It's slow too. :p
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Games/sports/tv/movie/music could all be merged into general entertainment.

On topic...

Warehouse 13, Dexter, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Tosh.0, Nick Swardson's Pretend Time, and Louie are really the only shows I keep up with.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:40 pm

I don't have DVR or netflix or time to watch tv when stuff is actually on. i miss watching House more than anything else.

boooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:18 am

Clinton70 wrote:

Like 10 people post here if that, it's not going to be bustling with activity. If something comes to mind you should post it. ;-)

Also if you want to make some sports topics go ahead and do that. Previously only Shea and I were the ones who discussed sports. Tongue
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:43 am

and it is a sad day when I am one of the predominant sports fans posting. SAD DAY, i tell you.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:50 am

I like sports and watching them, but I'm like a hermaphrodite sports fan, as I like to call myself. I say that because I'm inbetween a woman sports fan who watches it just because their boyfriends/others do or because of their close proximity to a professional team, but also not really a man's man sports fan that is always a fan of specific/home teams and truly keeps track to the point that you know most the players and can recall specific stats and all that. I just like to watch. The one I can get the most into is basketball, just because it's my favorite sport in general, but I think the NBA is probably the worst league so that doesn't help me out lol.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:29 am

Yeah, I don't know how people can name the O-lines, D-lines, second string etc.

I know the big players of each MLB team, most of the College/NFL QB's, some RBs/Kickers/WRs/TE's. Some NHL players. I don't have room for every name though lol.

I like watching mostly football and the NFL is so balanced and so damn unpredictable.

Phillies won. Fuck that shit. Both series 3-2, though I haven't been paying attention besides bits and pieces and the box scores. Halladay is a hard god damn nut to crack though. :p
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:44 am

Halladay lucked out that the ump fucked up the call when the ball should have been called foul he called it fair and that's where they scored all their runs save for the 9th.

Also he has not been great in this series. He should have 2 losses.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:55 am

Yeah that fouled bunt was fucked. Can't say for sure though that they wouldn't have gotten any runs in the third there though.

kinda a strange game overall, with how those errors played out and all.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:59 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Clinton70 wrote:

Like 10 people post here if that, it's not going to be bustling with activity. If something comes to mind you should post it. ;-)

Also if you want to make some sports topics go ahead and do that. Previously only Shea and I were the ones who discussed sports. Tongue

I like to think that I singlehandedly revived this board to parusable, and now Clinty's my sidekick. This place would be a god damn national monument if my internet were more stable.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Fer realz. *high fives*
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:24 pm

You both should be perma'd with your username utilizing the phrase fag in some way as a scarlet letter.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:47 pm

already did, homo.

Magic/Heat game canceled cuz of slippery floor lol

SLICK SHOES!
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Since no one is going to create a baseball thread I'll just say nice missed call by the umps there when Swisher clearly got hit by that pitch. Plain
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Yup, but it's looking like that one run won't matter.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:08 pm

True dat. Dancing
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:12 am

cools
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:48 am

anybody?

I like the way it's shot, it's got good settings and effects, and of course I like it just for the fact that somebody's finally doing a proper zombie series, but it's melodrama kind of holds it back from greatness. That, and EVERY character is a blatant stereotype, though I suppose that that doesn't necessarily hurt it too much. It's probably unavoidable in what's basically a one-dimensional scenario/story to begin with. Plus 28 Days Later is one of my favorite movies ever, so I kind of take offense to the whole "Injured man awakes from coma in abandoned hospital mid-Zombie Apocalypse" beginning premise being entirely lifted like nobody would care/notice.

Also, when in the hell is somebody gonna at least SAY SOMETHING about hacking/bludgeoning/SHOOTING the zombies in close range and getting sprayed with infected blood? It's never come close to happening, but none of the characters have said or done shit in concern to so much as turning their face when shooting a zombie point blank in the head two feet away from their own head. They haven't established all the rules yet (if you have to actually be bitten to turn or if being "infected" by the blood is enough), but I feel like on some random episode there's gonna be some slow-mo CG effect of a single drop of splattering blood going into somebody's mouth/eye (probably yet another thing they'll copycat from 28 Days) and everybody else will freeze and stare in horror as the person becomes a zombie like they never even thought about it happening.

Actually, that's another thing now: I hate that the characters refer to the undead as either "Walkers" or "Geeks"? Seriously? That's just fucking lame. Did zombie movies not exist in Georgia?
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:49 pm

I saw bits and pieces of that. Not really my thing.

I watched the whole first season (not sure if it's continued yet?) of Top Gear on History Channel. It's based off the british Top Gear but with more American cars and less Euro-crap. :p

Ax Men season 4 on History Channel right now too. It's on logging and shit, nice scenery, funny moody people, etc.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:23 pm

It's the American Top Gear and it sucks. The UK top gear is far superior. Surprised you got through the whole season. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:48 pm

I freakin love it. I've watch one of the BBC ones, the guy is cool, but not really interesting in the cars they do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?   Today at 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down

What are you watching/DVR'ing on TV?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next