The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Are there any albums that you are fond of but don't particularly like?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Are there any albums that you are fond of but don't particularly like?   Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:33 am

For instance... one album that always holds a special place in my heart is Cradle of Filth's Cruelty And The Beast. I don't really like the band anymore and I rarely listen to it anymore, but I always fondly remember it. Not necessarily nostalgic value. Back when I first started getting into extreme music in middle school and shit, it was hard to get cds like that. Then one day I was out of town with my parents and I saw that Cradle of Filth cd (which I had heard because someone that owned it let me borrow it) and I had to have it. It was very surreal holding the cd and looking at the artwork. At the time that kind of music was like an unobtainable thing. Especially because of my age. Also, it was kind of surreal getting my first Devourment cd and t-shirt... I'd been a fan of them for like 8 years before I ever had anything physical from them.

I dunno... I just always have a soft spot for that cd and it's still one of my favorite album covers.

And now I've just remember that my copy was accidentally broken. Sad Oh well, I've still got the case in tact and can always download it if I want.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Are there any albums that you are fond of but don't particularly like?   Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:36 am

Do you mean like albums we used to like that we grew out of of?

I'm kind of like that with most Nu-Metal bands. System of a Down, Megadeth. Disturbed, ICP. I couldn't get enough of these bands back in the day now they don't really do anything for me.

Kind of the same way for Solefald. I mean I have their music, I like their music, but I'm never in the mood to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Iangorge
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Are there any albums that you are fond of but don't particularly like?   Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:56 am

Slayer's Reign In Blood. When I first heard it and read the lyrics, it was the most evil fucking thing I had ever encountered. The Satanism, the insanity, the sacrificing, the death, the hate... it was all new to me and made me think in a more radical way. Nowadays I don't jam to it, but I still love it dearly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any albums that you are fond of but don't particularly like?   Today at 2:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Are there any albums that you are fond of but don't particularly like?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1