The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Any of you into import gaming?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: Any of you into import gaming?   Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:17 am

Have you ever imported a game before? If so, what game(s) have you imported, and why?

I've imported a few games; mainly for my SNES and Wii, since for the former I have a modded Game Genie cartridge which can fit Super Famicom cartridges, and for the latter I have the Homebrew channel. My favorite import games so far are Umihara Kawase on the Super Famicom and Disaster: Day of Crisis on the Wii. The former is a really cool Bionic Commando-esque platformer where you play as a little girl with a stretchy fishing rod grappling hook, and go through really tough stages filled with bottomless pits and randomly-spawning huge fish. Disaster is where you play as an ex-International Rescue Team member who fights terrorists while rescuing people during natural disasters like an earthquake, volcanic eruption, and hurricane. They are awesome Cool For those who might be interested in either, Umihara Kawase requires absolutely no knowledge of the Japanese language, and there are English-language versions of Disaster available (since it came out in both Europe and Australia, and South Africa, but not America Angry )
Back to top Go down

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Any of you into import gaming?   Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:44 am

I imported a DS game. It's not really a game though, it's just a kanji dictionary thing. Mainly I did it because the DS is region free so I wouldn't have to jump through any hoops. Plus Kanji is cool.
Back to top Go down
Any of you into import gaming?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1