No More Heroes 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: No More Heroes 2   Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:38 pm

The first NMH was an okay game to me. I had a decent enough time making my way through it, but never had the urge to finish it on a harder difficulty or just replay it in general. I'm about an hour into NMH 2 and my god is it amazing. And I haven't even played the fucking game yet! 'What do you mean' you may ask. Well, in the first NMH you had to take on jobs in order to pay for your assassin missions. They were tedious and fucking annoying. The worst part of the game. In the sequel, they're not even required. But there is a catch to that... Instead of the tedious and stupid missions of the first game... the side jobs in NMH2 are actually fucking NES style games which completely kick ass. I've actually been neglecting the storyline of NMH2 just to play these sweet little pieces.

Totally worth the $50 I paid for this. Unlike The Simpsons Game. What a piece of garbage. I took it out mid way through the second stage and tossed it across my room. It's not like that game was absolutely terrible, because the gameplay was decent enough. The god awful camera in the game made me have to redo platforming sections 5 or 6 times before I got it right. Fuck that.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:26 am

My butthole itches.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:15 pm

I've heard good things about NMH but I don't own a Wii so I can't find out what they're like first hand.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:01 am

I was really excited about No More Heroes 2 the first couple days I had it, but by the time I beat it, I came to the conclusion that I prefer the first game more. I miss the overworld in the first game, and I prefer the bosses in the first game as well.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Actually playing this game for a while, and sober, I realize what a poorly made piece of shit this is. Towards the end of the game, the fights leading up to bosses are ridiculously long. I was just in a fucking parking lot fighting waves of enemies for 20 minutes before even being allowed into the next area. Where I had to fight more waves of enemies. This wouldn't be all that bad if you were allowed to gain strength and extend your health in a normal way. But no... in order to increase your total health, you have to be good at button mashing and play a stupid ass mini game. Button mash as fast as you can while following an on screen arrow for 30 seconds. Fucking stupid. Or if you could increase your attack power by normal means... but no. That mini game has the most horrible fucking hit detection of anything I have ever played. Even button mashing as fast as I can, I still get hit by the god damn things frequently. And you have to have a pretty much perfect run to increase your health. I've gone through one of the exercises only getting hit twice and I still failed. What a poor excuse for a video game.

The only thing this game REALLY has going for it is those quirky 8-bit jobs. What crap.

And where are the many and varied amounts of swords I read that you are supposed to be able to have? I'm all the way up to fourth rank, yet I only have 4 blades and Naomi has only offered 2 for sale.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:24 am

You only have four choices. I like them because each one functions differently and has their own positive aspects, but I agree with your other complaints. The treadmill game I think I only failed once (my very first time playing it), and the sparring minigame sucks ass. I hate it so much. It's a shame since Ryan is an awesome guy.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:29 pm

I beat it last night just so I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. And that final boss fight... what utter bull shit. Check points are nice... but I started the third fight with only two hits left... and I got hit as soon as we started. Luckily, I was aggravated enough that I made it through the rest without getting hit and beat the game.

To hell with this game... I can't believe there are more in the works.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:13 pm

I find it disappointing that this is supposed to be the last game with Travis Touchdown. I'd rather they hadn't made a sequel if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:11 pm

It's going to be the same crap all over again, I'm sure. Go to an area, fight a shit load of generic bad guys, go to the next section and do the same. Then have some either ridiculously easy or frustratingly hard boss battle.

The more I think about it, the more this entire game seems like a minigame rather than an actual game you have to pay $50 for.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:23 pm

How do you feel about the first game today? I haven't played it in forever, but I sure had more fun with it than this game.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 pm

I haven't played it since I beat it. I remember just being really tired of having to do side jobs in order to get to the next ranking battle. I don't really remember having a problem with the actual boss fights and such.

Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No More Heroes 2   Today at 4:53 pm

Back to top Go down

No More Heroes 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1