Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Probably my song of the year for 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

PostSubject: Probably my song of the year for 2009   Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:20 pm

"Movie Screen"

The other contenders either came too early and have since gone to the wayside, or this song is still truly too powerful for me to not give it top honors. I did see it performed four times live as well. That could have something to do with it, maybe. Other acts competing for the spot include Sister Crayon, Austere, Diamatregon, Panopticon, Skagos, Dinosaur Jr, maudlin of the Well...on and on.

This brings me to a discussion point: how can anybody, EVER, say, "such and such year wasn't good for music"? How do I continually hear this over and over, year after year? Is it truly possible for any supposed music "fan" to actually be inable to find a satisfactory amount of music throughout the span of a whole year? With each passing year, I'm consistently having my mind blown and creating deep, emotional experiences related to music. I would blame it on cynicism, but I'm one of the most cynical motherfuckers out there, so I have to revert back to stubbornness, I suppose.
Back to top Go down

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Probably my song of the year for 2009   Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:54 am

People who say that mostly only listen to not many things. Generally I say it was a good year for [Genre A]. I don't say it wasn't a good year for music.
Back to top Go down
Probably my song of the year for 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1