Inhale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Inhale   Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:34 am

I pushed the door to the convenience store open slowly. Head down, I walked briskly towards the aisle furthest from the cashier. There is a man in here. He’s gazing around at candy and other assorted foods that are obviously bad for his health. I keep my eyes on him as he browses. Stopping every now and then picking up an item only to put it back.

I avert my eyes and look to the middle-aged woman behind the register. A little over weight, not very attractive. She’s eyeing the black man browsing through the other aisles a bit suspiciously. We’re both white, and I know that is the reason why she hasn’t bother turning her eyes to me for very long.

After what seems 5 or 6 minutes, the man takes his items to the register. After all his looking around, all he got was a soft drink he’d been holding in his hand the whole time and asks for a pack of Newport slims. As he walks out of the store, I look around checking to see if there is anyone else. To see if there are any cars outside.

I make my way briskly to the register, the woman smiles. I smile politely back. “Can I help you?” she asks.

“Uh… yeah. Can you get me a pack of Camel 100’s?” As she turns her back, I begin to speak under my breath barely moving my lips at alls, keeping that smile on my face. “Alright, here is what’s going to happen. You keep looking around the cigarettes back there like you can’t find what I asked for. Don’t you fucking turn around. Now, what I want you to do when I tell you to is to get the pack of cigarettes. Any kind. Then I’m going to hand you a dollar bill. When you give me change, I want you to slip all your 20’s and 100’s in your hand and give it to me. I’ve got some guys waiting in the car I came in. If I give the signal, they’re coming in here guns blazing. I’m just going to look like an innocent bystander who came into this place at the wrong time. We’ll all walk away with no harm done and you’ll be dead. I know you don’t care about this job that much. Oh, I know you don’t have a silent alarm and I know the camera angles of this place. Now…”

She turned back around, a look of fear in her eyes but with that smile still on her face. I smile even bigger back to her. “Thank you ma’am.” And walk out the store with the stolen cash.

*Later that night*

The night is fairly warm. It’s damn near 3 A.M. and the dorm parking lot is void of people. I stroll casually to my car and get the skateboard out of my trunk. It’s been a long time since I’ve done this. I only decided to tonight because I was bored and couldn’t sleep. I take it over to the grass and try to do ollies for a few minutes, rarely landing them. “Well, fuck…”

After my futile attempts and quickly regaining my skills at doing a trick, I walk over to the pavement. Pushing the board back and forth with my foot, I try to decide what to do next. After a moment of thought, I kick off and cruise around the dormitory at a slow pace. When I get to the other side, I see an Indian kid (the Native American kind) sitting in the grass with his legs crossed and smoking.

I get off the board and walk over to him. He brushed his long black hair behind his back. He’s wearing what looks like swimming trunks with flames on them and a black Slipknot shirt. “What’s up, Jay?” I ask him.

“Dude, what’s up? Just sittin’ out here smoking’ some weed.” He laughs. “Want some?”

“Yeah, sure.” I take a seat on the edge of a concrete flower bed next to wear he’s sitting. He holds out the pipe to me.

“It’s a real Indian peace pipe. My grandmother gave it to me. Like, a chief or some shit gave it to her. She lives on a reservation.”

“No shit? Cool. Does she know what you’re using it for?”

He laughs. “Nah, man. They just use it for tobacco. They think I don’t smoke so it’s just a decoration. Supposed to be anyway.’

I take a hit. Holding back coughs. I’m still pretty new to this. I swallow then let wisps of smoke flow from my mouth and hand it back. I look towards the dormitory door. Two well-dressed black guys are walking out. Jay turns his head to look at them. As they open the door, I look down at the ground.

“Wanna smoke ‘em peace pipe?” He holds out the pipe to the guys that just came out. The youngest looking one, Travis, shakes his head and holding out a hand gesturing he doesn’t want any. The guy I’m unfamiliar with, on crutches, takes the pipe and takes a few hits.

Travis looks at me. “So what are you guys doing out here this late. Other than smoking weed?”

I hold up the skateboard. “Figured I’d skate. The security guard won’t be around here for a while.”

He nods his head. “Yeah, I’ve just been recording some. About to get to sleep, though. Got classes early tomorrow morning.”

“Yeah, me too.”

Jay takes back his pipe and continues smoking. Travis and his friend walk back inside.

“Well, fuck, man. I guess I’m going to go back up to my room.” I tell Jay as I stand up.

“Alright, man. I’ll catch you later.” He stands up, having a parting little handshake, and walks inside. I walk in the dorm after him, still carrying the skateboard.

Eh... just some little shit I wrote tonight. Guess I'm going to write a little story partially based on my time in college. I'll leave it to you to decide which parts really happened and which parts are my imagination.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com

Inhale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1