KSE isn't loved that much.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: KSE isn't loved that much.   Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:53 am

Slayer guitarist Kerry King has blasted Killswitch Engage in a recent interview with MusicRadar. King answered some questions from fans, including one about Slayer kicking Killswitch Engage off one of their tours...

"We actually didn't get able to. I tried. Because I'd never seen 'em live, and then I saw them live at some, I don't know, maybe at Kerrang! Awards over in Europe. And I'm just offended by the silliness that goes on on stage [on the part of] the guitar player [Adam Dutkiewicz]. He puts his foot in his mouth all the time and he says stupid shit, and I just didn't think that side show should be on my stage. So I pulled the plug on the spot, but on that particular Jägermeister tour, we didn't have any product and they did, so Jäger kind of insisted, and I went... They're all friends of mine, so I said, 'Ok, I'll deal with it.' Still don't like it."

This isn't the first time KSE have copped a beating, Sepultura/Soulfly guitarist Max Cavalera said in the February 2008 issue of Sweden's Close-Up magazine...

"I went to see Lamb of God in the States and they were alright, but Killswitch Engage opened and it was the gayest show I've ever seen. I was like, 'I'm not part of this scene, it's fucking gay.' They were acting like they were U2 and I was like, 'Hmm…' The attitude was so ridiculous. I don't know these guys, they're on my label [Roadrunner] and all, but it was completely disappointing and gay. Like really lame, such a lame band live, everything about the whole attitude. Lamb of God came out and destroyed them and I don't even like Lamb of God that much, but they were so much better coming after Killswitch Engage. I was like, 'If that's what the scene is about, hey fuck it, it ain't got nothing to do with me.' "
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: KSE isn't loved that much.   Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:08 pm

I don't see a problem with their live show or the way they act. I'm not the biggest fan of their music, but I'm not a douche like those two.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: KSE isn't loved that much.   Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:10 pm

m1:35 wrote:
I don't see a problem with their live show or the way they act. I'm not the biggest fan of their music, but I'm not a douche like those two.

Stole my response.

Basically came to post that, but to add to the topic, I actually sort of like the more "care-free" attitude they have, of just having a good time. Don't see what's really wrong with that or entertaining your fans (in whatever way as an artist you see fit), if you don't like you don't have to go to their shows, or associate with them. I don't see the purpose of chilidsh trash talking, as Kerry and Max partook in, it's retarded.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: KSE isn't loved that much.   Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Yeah, I'd rather see KSE's live show than Slayer. Killswitch does go up on stage to have fun and actually act like friends and real people. They don't just stand there the whole time staring at their instruments and playing. That's boring.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: KSE isn't loved that much.   Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:32 pm

I agree. I'd much rather have a band acting like dicks on stage and having fun instead of a band being all serious on stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KSE isn't loved that much.   Today at 12:14 am

Back to top Go down

KSE isn't loved that much.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1