The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I really like Slipknot's Tattered & Torn from Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: I really like Slipknot's Tattered & Torn from Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat.   Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:38 pm

I enjoy some pretty noisy music (certain Black Metal albums, Anal Cunt, and stuff like that), so I really like the high-pitched guitar riffs that play during the majority of the song. Then the guitars get really low and heavy during the last 15 or so seconds. I feel like Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat. is to later Slipknot like how Concrete is to later Fear Factory, but I especially feel that sort of relation between the two albums in this song. The vocals are somewhat similar with how they switch between growling/screaming and clean singing, and how the guitars are usually lower and deeper-sounding but occasionally get really high-pitched.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: I really like Slipknot's Tattered & Torn from Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat.   Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:21 pm

I just prefer everything they did with Corey better. Everything was experimental and uncertain before he came into the picture... but by the time he joined they had their shit together.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: I really like Slipknot's Tattered & Torn from Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat.   Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:23 am

I think Corey's singing voice is more melodic, which is nice, but I really enjoy their pre-Corey era. I do agree though that Slipknot became more consistent when Corey became their lead singer. While they still experimented with a lot of different styles in each song on their self-titled album, their overall sound seemed more consistent than before, when they used to sound like a few different styles taken from different bands all mashed together into a single song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really like Slipknot's Tattered & Torn from Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat.   

Back to top Go down

I really like Slipknot's Tattered & Torn from Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1