What are you currently listening to?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Trivium - Fugue (A Revelation)

Despite all the hate people give Trivium they're still my fav band. One of the best bands around in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Converge - Thaw
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:48 pm

Trivium - Requiem
Back to top Go down
-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 pm

Converge - Jane Doe
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:51 pm

I'd say Slipknot gets more hate than Trivium.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:53 pm

True. I like Trivium more though =]

Trivium - Ember To Inferno
Back to top Go down
-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:03 pm

Norma Jean - The Entire World Is Counting on Me and They Don't Even Know It

I'm really starting to get back into this band. Really cool band all around, enjoy all of their albums.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:06 pm

Trivium - Falling To Grey

I only own Redeemer. I didn't like it at first but I don't mind it now. I might throw it on later tonight and give it another listen since my musical tastes have broaden immensely since the last time I listened to them.
Back to top Go down
-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:23 pm

Norma Jean - Pretty Soon, I Don't Know What, Good Is Going to Happen

That's cool, the band isn't for everyone. I'll guess I'll give a bit of an overview on the band, being the band's releases tend to vary stylistically wise (different things being more attractive to different people). Their first album, Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child is more atmospheric, in a way, more straightforward and hardhitting, with their older vocalist Josh Scorgin (who would go on to play in The Chariot). The second album, O God the Aftermath feautures the vocalist Cory in which it's much more technical, taking a strong influence from the older metalcore band Botch, in ways it's a bit cleaner as well, or not as dirty production wise as the first. It's a catchy album and is what initally got me interested in the band. The third Reedemer is an attempt at the band moving away the techniquality and focusing on making the album more straight-forwardish, while adding further experimentation into the mix. I'd say just as catchy, but in a different way than it's predesscor and imo, having more depth. Took some maturation for me to fully comprehend it, along with Bless the Martyr... which also left a deep impact on me. The band would continue to experiment and such until you get to The Anti-Mother . On that album the band makes a switch stylistically from metalcore to a more post-hardcoreish sound, infusing more melody and such. The album has many guest musicans like Chino Moreno (from Deftones) (who in particular does a sizeable ammount of contributing), Page Hamilton (Helmet), and Cove Reber (Saosin). The Anti-Mother is offically my favorite Norma Jean CD. Very impressed by it.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Trivium - The Deceived

I'll give them another go. When If first started listening to them I was expecting some rather typical metalcore and I came disappointed when I didn't hear and big KSE style choruses. That was back in the day when all I listened to was stuff like KSE pretty much. I think I'd enjoy Norma Jean a lot more now since I've been experimenting with music a lot of late.
Back to top Go down
-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 pm

Norma Jean - I Used to Hate Cellphones but Now I Hate Car Accidents

That's cool, glad you're giving them a second listen. I actually didn't like NJ at first to the point of me selling my original copies of O God the Aftermath and Reedemer. I can totally relate to evolving musical tastes, etc.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:41 pm

Trivium - Demon

I can't believe I was so narrow minded back in the day. I'd never listen to anything outside of what I thought was "metal".
Back to top Go down
-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:48 pm

Norma Jean - The Human Face, Divine

I used to be the same way. Man I really regret all that I missed out on, and how silly I used to act back in the day. Me of 4 years ago and me of today would not get along at all. lol
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:04 am

Trivium - Rain
Back to top Go down
-Orange9mm-

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:06 am

Comeback Kid - All in a year
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:52 am

Whitechapel - Father Of Lies

I so need a Comeback Kid cd.

-------

http://thedarkacademy.forumandco.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1845
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:18 pm

As I Lay Dying - Nothing Left

One of the best songs off the album right there.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Yer posten in a locked thread, son.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently listening to?   Today at 1:11 pm

Back to top Go down

What are you currently listening to?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top