The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I hate it when I start to really like a band only to found that they're broken up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: I hate it when I start to really like a band only to found that they're broken up   Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:42 am

For instance... Tonight, after I had just gotten all their cds, I saw a blog on Light This City's profile saying they broke up in the middle of last year but released their last album after the fact.

Plain

It sucks knowing you have no chance of seeing a band you really like at all.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when I start to really like a band only to found that they're broken up   Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:58 am

I know all too well how you feel. I like a lot of bands, but most of them have broken up or don't play live. I guess that's contributed in some way to my not liking live shows.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when I start to really like a band only to found that they're broken up   Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:31 am

It's always shit when that happens. It sucks big time when a band releases an amazing debut album and then breaks up. Only thing worse then a band breaking up is when they have major line up changes that results in the band sounding nothing like they once did.
Back to top Go down
Ramboner

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when I start to really like a band only to found that they're broken up   Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:13 am

Got to see them perform live twice, both times they were amazing and Laura was insanely energetic and got the crowd pretty pumped up...sad to say we will not be able to experience the kickassness of Stormchaser live now
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when I start to really like a band only to found that they're broken up   Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:46 am

They never even released a live dvd or anything. When I was listening to Stormchaser for the first time I was just thinking how if they kept that up they would be one of the frontrunners of metalcore. Sad Hopefully they get that spark back and give it a go again in the future.

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when I start to really like a band only to found that they're broken up   Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:09 pm

bummer.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when I start to really like a band only to found that they're broken up   Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Now you know how I felt when I found out YeLLOW Generation broke up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when I start to really like a band only to found that they're broken up   Today at 8:24 pm

Back to top Go down

I hate it when I start to really like a band only to found that they're broken up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1