The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.

Surrender To All Life Beyond Form

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)   Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:00 am

Metal Gear Solid is awesome, but the game most of it was based off of, Metal Gear 2, deserves credit as well. Metal Gear 2 is a masterpiece. The game's experience as a whole comes together so well. It may feel a little crude compared to the Metal Gear Solid games, but the game is worth so much more than the sum of its parts. Considering the time it was released, its story is incredible, and there are some moments during gameplay that truly stand out to me. The last boss fight in particular is one of my favorite moments of any game, ever. I won't say what happens, but it's almost worth playing the whole game just to fight the final boss. It helps that the rest of the game is good too, but the final boss fight is especially great.

One of my favorite things about Metal Gear 2 is the music. Check the opening theme of the game out:

Theme of Solid Snake

Listening to this give me chills. It just sound so... perfect. I like the game itself a lot as well, but the music is so incredibly cool.

Have you ever played this game? What do you think about it? How do you like the game's intro music?
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)   Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:38 am

I like Turtles.

I prefer the games that came out for the last 3 generations, which story being the best is opinion but I overall just can't stand the old MG set-up. I know that's complaining about something that just couldn't be done but after experiencing the first 2 MGS, it's impossible to go back.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)   Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:33 am

The Metal Gear Solid games are also really good. I haven't played 4 yet, but I especially love MGS3, followed by Metal Gear Solid. Solid 2 is also cool. I'm also a big fan of the pre-Solid games though, because rather than feeling epic in a movie-like way, they feel epic to me in the same way that most old-school games do, like an old Final Fantasy or Zelda game.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)   Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:08 am

Yeah, I've never played either of the games outside of sections here and there, but I have seen each game played through (multiple times even, with MGS2 being the most at 6) and that movie-like set-up that the games are not only in but seem to improve with each establishment, they're an enjoyable experience for all that watch.

Many games are like that, but the bird's eye view play makes that difficult nor were they set-up as such, but MGS set it up to make you want to play it after watching a friend play it (or in my case, watch them play it).

In fact, I probably would love to play a MGS game all the way through myself if I didn't lose my attention so quick. Because I'd waste hours going into large rooms, knocking out soldiers, then sticking them up to steal their stuff, shoot their radios and then shoot extremities and have them race for help, only to knock them out and start it over again (usually it's limp left arm/limp left leg vs. limp left arm/limp right leg). On the same case, MG looked boring and the story wasn't enthralling enough to get over that.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)   Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:50 pm

I find it hilarious that you'd do that sort of thing :p I should try that sometime. Maybe if I play MGS2 or 3 again.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)   Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:24 pm

MGS2 is a turd. The soundtracks is good yes but that's not hard to pull off.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)   Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:10 am

I don't think MGS2 is terrible, but I prefer most of the other Metal Gear games to it.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)   Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:07 pm

You only enjoy it because you can relate more to Raiden than Snake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)   Today at 4:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake is a really underrated game (with awesome music)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1