Share | 

I hate it when dvds don't have commentary tracks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: I hate it when dvds don't have commentary tracks   Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:45 pm

Iron Man doesn't have one and neither does the last Resident Evil movie. Cast commentaries can be very interesting and lead to further replays. I just find them very fun to listen to and it annoys me when a dvd doesn't include one. I mean, they've got the space so why not do it?

Surrender to all Life Beyond Form
Lance of Longinus on Bandcamp
Noise Redemption Prophecy on Bandcamp
Backloggery Profile
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when dvds don't have commentary tracks   Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:47 pm

maybe noone involved wanted to talk about it?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when dvds don't have commentary tracks   Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:41 pm

They probably wanted to milk it and re-release it in a couple of months with commentary.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when dvds don't have commentary tracks   Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:42 pm

oh, that makes way more sense.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when dvds don't have commentary tracks   Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:22 am

I only enjoy watching commentaries on very few movies--ones that have so many awesome practical effects and are spoken by people who really have a lot of inside knowledge, neat little factoids, and can tell them all in a really interesting manner. (Case in point: Bruce Campbell's commentaries on the Evil Dead trilogy.)

What bugs me is when a company strips away a few things when making their Blu-ray release of a movie they've already done on DVD. Specifically what I'm referring to is The Stendhal Syndrome. For whatever reason, Blue Underground's BD doesn't have an original stereo mix of both the English and Italian tracks, when there are such mixes on Blue Underground's DVD. For whatever reason there's TWO 7.1 mixes, which seems absolutely absurd to me. I want the stereo mixes, as well as mono mixes of films that were originally in mono, and I want them to be lossless. With the size of the discs, there's no reason not to have them; two 7.1 mixes are redundant and a huge waste of space when they're virtually identical.
Back to top Go down
possybending
VIP

Title : Inspecteur

Character sheet
Name: Possy
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when dvds don't have commentary tracks   Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:08 am

Usually I don't care for commentaries, though listening to "Live Free or Die Hard" commentary actually did make the movie better, because they basically keep describing why they scrapped and created a new script, which does help make this movie sound better.

Doesn't hurt that I liked Live Free or Die Hard as a cheap movie that's fun to see periodically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate it when dvds don't have commentary tracks   Today at 4:17 pm

Back to top Go down

I hate it when dvds don't have commentary tracks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1