Share | 

Luigi's Mansion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abnormal Freak
VIP

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Luigi's Mansion   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:30 pm

Anybody here love it as much as I do? For whatever reason it gets a bad wrap, and the people who DO like it only say, "Yeah, it's all right," but personally I find it one of the most fun and replayable games in existence. Seriously, this game came out at the GameCube's launch in Q4 2001, and I've played it many times since and it never gets old. It was always a challenge to get THE MOST FARKING MONEY POSSIBLE, tracking down every gold mouse, remembering to water the big plant after every boss, getting every single large-, medium-, and small-sized pearl from every ghost so as to get the gold-framed portraits (it's TOUGH on some of them, and I STILL haven't gotten past the weight-lifting ghost on normal mode where the vacuum is about half as powerful, because if you slip up once, you start sucking up small pearls again, thus never getting the big pearl), revisiting every room several times to suck up and knock on everything to squeeze whatever little bit of cash may be left, water all the little plants, beating every boss with 90+ health to ensure you get the gold-framed portrait, collecting all the special diamonds, sucking up every dark blue money ghost, and so on.

I've done a tremendous job on the extra mansion where your vacuum is more powerful, and have done absolutely everything, thus getting a gigantic house at the end, but again, I still have trouble doing it on regular mode 'cos that jock ghost is such a faggot. >:O I keep slipping on his exercise mats. I've tried for years to get past him and get a gold frame, but just can't!

Anyhow, I tend to play this game around Christmastime every year. Even though it's perhaps more fitting for October since it's horror-themed, I play it around Thanksgiving or sometime in December because it always reminds me of the first year when I got it and was amazed. It's equally as fun every time I play it, and I'll never understand why people don't find it as enthralling as I do.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:34 pm

never played it. I've actually never played on a gamecube
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:48 pm

O:

You're missing out considering there are plenty of great games for the system, most of them exclusive, though the ones I love were ORIGINALLY GameCube-exclusive and they play better on the system anyway.

Luigi's Mansion, killer7, Resident Evil remake, Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Sonic Gems Collection (OK, sure, it's a compilation, BUT IT HAS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG CD, but I honestly wish it had come out for PS2 instead since the GameCube controller's D-pad and its placement blow donkey dick), Chibi-Robo!, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (yay Zelda ;p), Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, F-Zero GX, Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 (and to some extent Super Monkey Ball Adventure), Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime, and some others I can't think of. Not a HUGE selection of awesome games, but what's there is incredible, and I stand by the opinion that the GameCube is the best of its generation and the hardware is more impressive than what the PS2 and Xbox have.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:56 pm

guess this is why I'm not a big gamer :p
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:20 pm

U R TEH SUX FGT

Honestly, I go in and out of being a huge gaming fan. There was a period of time where I went two years or so without really playing any games, only picking up some new releases once in a while (like every four to six months).
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:09 pm

It was ok for a launch game but nothing that impressive.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:00 am

See, because you're a faggot, that's why.

:o

Maybe it's just because I have a thing for quirky, original games. Try and name another game like Luigi's Mansion, I DARE YA.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:10 pm

I played Luigi's Mansion at this Nintendo pre-release party before the Gamecube was released, and at a friend's house after the GCN came out. It was sort of fun, but I was really disappointed that there was no actual Mario game at launch, since the GCN was the first Nintendo home console to launch without a main Mario game. I haven't played it since, although I've thought about getting it used sometime. It could add to my meager GCN collection.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:

Maybe it's just because I have a thing for quirky, original games. Try and name another game like Luigi's Mansion, I DARE YA.

Ghostbusters?
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:40 pm

yuaar har har
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:45 pm

Pikmin was a better game than Luigi's Mansion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Today at 11:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Luigi's Mansion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1